Author Topic: HRD  (Read 5944 times)

VE3ERQ

• View Profile
    • Email
HRD
« on: 2012-07-13, 05:05:27 »
While setting up my new Micro Client dongle for use with my TT Omni07, I was very disappointed with HRD's performance as it was slow, the freq display would jump around erratically, particularly on 40m and HRD would shut down unexpectedly.

Surfing around it seems as if others were having problems as well.

I noticed that some were going back to older versions of HRD so I went back to v5.11a as it was still on the Download site.

HRD is now much more responsive with the Dongle and so far I have not seen the other problems.

I thought I'd share my experience in case others were having the same issues.

Cheers!
Lloyd
VE3ERQ

WW2DX (Lee)

• AOL Instant Messenger - ljimber
    • View Profile
Re: HRD
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-13, 14:05:16 »
Hi Lloyd,

Quick question, what is your baud rate set to?

I don't have much experience using software based solution but I am curious what you find.

73 Lee
WW2DX

VE3ERQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-18, 18:22:51 »
Not sure what you mean by "baud" rate Lee, but I had the CAT speed set to 57600K in HRD which is what the Omni07 uses. I use a cable internet service running 8Mbs Dwn/800KbsUp.

Perhaps I missed a setting in HRD somewhere.

I apologize for the tardy response, but I was away!

Cheers!

WW2DX (Lee)

• AOL Instant Messenger - ljimber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-07-19, 02:26:46 »
Hi Lloyd,

Correct, baud rate was referring to your CAT speed. If you want to test something change your CAT (baud rate) to a lower setting like 9600 and see if that improves your reliability. Not sure it will help since you seem to have a pipe large enough to handle it but higher the CAT speed requires more bandwidth, so cranking that down might be a good test.

Please post your results if happen to try it.

73 Lee
WW2DX

VE3ERQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2012-07-28, 17:22:14 »
Sorry to be so late in responding, Lee.

The problem I have is that the Omni07 won't connect unless I use 57600 as it is locked there by TT in the radio.

My Dual Core XP machine with V5.11a of HRD, works well with little latency, but the later versions of HRD, have increasing latency and even loss of frquency control on my W7 i7 64 bit machine.

HRD also randomly disconnects from the radio after some use too.

Been trying to get their attention to these issues.

Lloyd

VE3ERQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-07-31, 05:03:15 »
For the time being, I've reconfigured my system to use the Micro Client only for the audio path to and from the station with the 1258. For control I have gone back to the N4PY control package operating through the Omni07's internal modem as this functions well, thus avoiding the use of the serial path altogether.

I suspect the high serial baud rate of 57600 required by the Omni07 was causing me much of my problem.

So far my new configuration appears top be working well with minimal latency.

Cheers!
LLoyd
VE3ERQ