Author Topic: Win 7 message error installing RRC PC Client 1.6.1  (Read 10360 times)

IZ4MJP

• View Profile
    • Email
While waiting the arrival of the RRC Micro PC Client from Difona i've tried to install del PC Client Sw in trial mode on a MacBook AIR with Bootcamp (Win 7 Pro).

After the process installation, the software ask me to register myself. A "Registration complete" window then appeared.

When i launch the software a window appears with a strange error.

I translate inEnglish the first two rows:
"The input is not a valid Base64 string because include a non base64 character, more that 2 filling characters or a non empty space between the filling characters".

Then follows some strings that starts with "... in MicroBit"

On the same machine (PC) i use the MicroBit SetUp Manager and, when attach the RRC Standard, the 4 Virtual Ports works without problems.

I specify that yesterday i have also installed (and registered with the same Call and email) the RRC Pc Client also in trial mode on a "Virtual PC" emulated with WM Ware on an Intel Mac in order to test it under VM Ware (the PC is running Win XP SP 3) and all worked fine.

Someone could help me to understand what is happening and how to resolve the issue?

Many thanks

73 de IZ4MJP, Franco

« Last Edit: 2012-12-05, 17:57:11 by IZ4MJP »

roland

Re: Win 7 message error installing RRC PC Client 1.6.1
« Reply #1 on: 2012-12-05, 20:04:51 »
We will have a look at that here on Microbit.
Thanks for the report

IZ4MJP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-12-06, 12:27:39 »
Update:

Hello Roland.
I'did another test: i've disconnected the PC from Internet.

When i launch the RRC Client a new window (new description error) appear.

Just for a complete description of the PC machine, i use Win 7 Professional 32bit version, 2 Gb RAM on Dual Core Duo Processor.

Franco, IZ4MJP

roland

« Reply #3 on: 2012-12-06, 13:06:05 »
I can see that you are registered. So apparantly the answer from the server to you installation goes wrong.
The information from the server arrives to you computer, but of some reason I have to think a bit about, a conversion does not work.
I guess you are running an Italian OS which shouldn't be a problem as there has been others from from Italy registered before you.
Will however investigate more next week.

The second window is more or less an effect of the failed registering. As a register information is missing the program assumes you have a RRC Client Dongle attached to one of your USB ports. As you have not, the program wont work. Will check this up also and give a better information window on the situation instead of a error window.

Thanks
Roland

IZ4MJP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2012-12-06, 14:41:32 »
Hello Roland.
For me is not a problem because i will receive the RRC Dongle in a few days.

I only hope that once connected the Dongle, the PC Client will operate normally. I've (re) bought it to use with the ARCP-2000 software when i'm abroad.

Vy 73
Franco, IZ4MJP

I can see that you are registered. So apparantly the answer from the server to you installation goes wrong.
The information from the server arrives to you computer, but of some reason I have to think a bit about, a conversion does not work.
I guess you are running an Italian OS which shouldn't be a problem as there has been others from from Italy registered before you.
Will however investigate more next week.

The second window is more or less an effect of the failed registering. As a register information is missing the program assumes you have a RRC Client Dongle attached to one of your USB ports. As you have not, the program wont work. Will check this up also and give a better information window on the situation instead of a error window.

Thanks
Roland

roland

« Reply #5 on: 2012-12-06, 15:50:02 »
With the dongle in place you will have no problems

IZ4MJP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2013-01-08, 18:39:45 »
With the dongle in place you will have no problems

Hello Roland.
With the dongle in place the problem disappeared!

Just a question: do you plan in a future release to allow users to use the "SEND" button available on the ARCP-2000 instead of the red PTT button on the RR PC Client?
During rag chew activities on the repeters it will be more comfortable to use!

Vy 73 and HNY.

Franco, IZ4MJP

NN5O

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2013-09-18, 21:48:46 »
I have the sames problem with my MacAir running W7 in Bootcamp.  However when I installed the dongle, the problem did not go away.
Jim/NN5O

Steve Beattie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2013-10-15, 18:01:17 »
Hi

I have the same message, we have just had our computers upgraded at work to windows 7 64 bit , I install RRCMirco 1.6.7 and get the error message with or without the dongle plugged in, please can you help

« Last Edit: 2013-10-15, 18:07:41 by Steve Beattie »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2013-10-15, 20:27:57 »
Steve,

That is not the same error message as the others got. Roland, who is the RRC Micro developer, will try to help you, though probably not until tomorrow(8.30pm here)
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

roland

« Reply #10 on: 2013-10-15, 23:12:31 »
On my way to bed. Will try to reproduce it tomorrow

roland

« Reply #11 on: 2013-10-16, 08:26:56 »
Steve. I have sent you a PM with some instructions