Author Topic: Cannot Connect  (Read 3386 times)

VE3CFK

• View Profile
    • Email
Cannot Connect
« on: 2015-11-15, 18:41:35 »
My RRC-1258 MkII(s) and K3-Twins have worked fine for several months.
Today, tried to connect and I get busy signal.  Went to remote site and K3 was not turned on.  Manually turned it on.
Went home and tried to connect, all I got was a busy signal.

Question.  Where does one start to trouble shoot?
Is there a thread that goes thru trouble shooting?

Chet
VE3CFK

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Cannot Connect
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-15, 18:46:54 »
Chet,

If it already worked and stopped working, then something changed in the environment. You should focus on the network
or cabling and not on the RRC's.

Check your cabling, in case something came loose. Reboot the routers on each side. If it still doesn't work then, perhaps
something else changed, such as: http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=2768.msg12490#msg12490

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VE3CFK

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cannot Connect - Problem Found
« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-20, 02:31:52 »
Found the problem, but most bizarre.  Don't know if anyone else has experienced the same.

Two problems found: one with the modem/router, the other with RRC-1258 Remote box.

In the modem/router all the port forwarding was corrupted.  Ports forwarded on wrong computers/devices.  Some computers such as TRX Manager running on my main PC was removed from my PC and reassigned to an X-Box!  After I reassigned and reconfigured the modem/router, I got TRX-Manager to work.  But Remote rig would not.

I originally had the RRC-1258 remote configured to bypass the firewall, so it was DMZ'ed.  I couldn't get port forwarding to work, but DMZ allowed the system to work (yes I know it's not the best configuration but it works).  So when I tried to set the DMZ option on the modem/router after the problem was discovered, the modem/router said the device needed to be using DHCP.  Using Microham set-up manager, I confirmed that the DHCP box was ticked off.  Tried to configure the Modem/router and still no go.  Went back into set-up manager, disabled the DHCP and tried the modem/router again.  Still no go.  Went back with set-up manager, ticked off the DHCP box and now the modem/router allowed DMZ configuration and now remote-rig works again!

So.  What would have caused the modem/router to reconfigure, and why would the software in the Remote-rig box get corrupted?

The RRC-1258 Remote box is normally off (no DC voltage applied) when I am not using the Remote.  So a voltage spike on power-up? 

Chet
VE3CFK