Author Topic: Using 2 or more 1258MKiis Control Units  (Read 3659 times)

AD4ES

• View Profile
    • Email
Using 2 or more 1258MKiis Control Units
« on: 2015-11-16, 18:48:07 »
Is there any way, using RR DNS or anything else, to have two or more 1258MKiis Control units and somehow dictating which control unit actually has control?
Chuck  AD4ES

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Using 2 or more 1258MKiis Control Units
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-16, 19:19:40 »
You can use as many Control-RRCs you want but only one at the time can be connected. If a second user try to connect when the Radio-RRC is already connected , the second will get a busy indication.

73 de mike

AD4ES

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-16, 19:42:24 »
I was getting tired of removing my RR Control hardware and moving it to a second location when I had the "Brilliant" idea regarding buying a 2nd RR control unit.  I had anticipated that this would be a challenge unless I made sure the other RR Control unit is disconnected.  Can't help but wonder if there isn't a service that could act as a "Router" and somehow by controlling this online router, I could allow one or the other controller to have control by allowing a specific RR Control unit to access the RR DNS server.   Perhaps in my next lifetime. Thank you for answering.
Chuck  AD4ES

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-11-16, 20:18:01 »
Lot of people use more than one Control-RRC to a Radio-RRC we produce more 20% more of them. It's quite common to share a Radio-QTH by several users also. If you forgot to switch off one when you wan to use the other you can  browse the Radio-RRC and click on the diconnect button. It will then disconnect the first RRC and be free to connect from the second.

/mike