Author Topic: RRC-Micro 1.10 beta, 1274B 2 beta and RRC-1258 2.91 beta (CW support)  (Read 58522 times)

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
We have published beta versions of RRC-Micro(1.10.0), 1274B(2) and RRC-1258(2.91) that add support for CW using external paddles connected to the 1274 USB Dongle's AUX connector. If you would like to give it a try then you need to upgrade 1274B's and radio RRC-1258's firmware in addition to upgrade the RRC-Micro software.

Read about how to upgrade the 1274B firmware here: http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=3370.

The keyer/CW function must also be enabled in RRC-Micro. That is done on a new tab called 'Keyer':

The side tone is locally generated in the PC and can be tested that it works by clicking the "Toggle tone" button. When sending CW there might be a 'click' sound at the beginning and the end of the tone. It's caused by how the PC starts and stops playing the 'beep' and is not possible to eliminate.

LF delay is used to cancel echo from the CW transmission in the radio.

Download RRC-Micro from here: http://www.remoterig.com/firmwares/RRCMicro_1.10.1.zip

RRC-1258 version 2.91 from here: www.remoterig.com/firmwares/RRC1258-CRC-v2.91_2016-05-12-BETA.zip

and 1274B version 2 from here: remoterig.com/firmwares/1274B-2016-05-03-v2.zip

We hope that it works and that you find it useful!  8)

« Last Edit: 2016-05-23, 17:36:03 by Jan (Microbit) »
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

KB8CR

• IC-7100 and IC-706 on RRC's
    • View Profile
    • Email
This will only work with the 1274B dongle?  Is there any upgrade path for those of us who have the 1274A?

Charlie
KB8CR

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Hi

The 1274A cannot be upgraded to work as a 1274B the hardware is totally different. I suggest you sell the 1274A to somebody who do not need the CW support.

73 de mike

KB8CR

• View Profile
    • Email
I got the new 1274B dongle at Dayton. I installed the new firmware per the instructions in the dongle.

I installed version 1.10.0 of RCC Micro. When running it, I get the message "Value of '20' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between "Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value

Do you have a solution?

Charlie KB8CR
« Last Edit: 2016-05-22, 01:26:42 by KB8CR »

DL7AA

• View Profile
I have the same problem as described in the last post.

I first installed the new dongle firmware, this worked as described. After installing the new RRCMicro-Software I get the message "Value of '20' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between "Minimum' and 'Maximum'. Parameter name: Value"

73, Alex
DL7AA
« Last Edit: 2016-05-22, 11:33:13 by DL7AA »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Was it an upgrade or a clean installation you two did?

oh2gek

• View Profile
    • Email
Hei,
I have same problem.
I upgraded RRC-Micro to 1.10.0 and uploaded firmware to dongle and now it's not working anymore. Any ideas how to fix it?
PC has windows 10 on it.
same error message.
"Value of '20' is not valid for..."

73, Niko
OH2GEK

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I have found what caused the error. It was a default value for the new Keyer settings that was invalid. You should be able to get the program running using this version:

http://www.remoterig.com/firmwares/RRCMicro_1.10.1.zip

(It was the "Weight" setting on the new "Keyer" tab that has a valid minimum value of 25, but was set to 20)
« Last Edit: 2016-05-23, 17:42:07 by Jan (Microbit) »

KB8CR

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks....I got the RRC Micro program working. I have upgraded the RRC-Radio to v. 2.91.

I cannot get the system to work. When I press either side of the paddles (which are plugged into the AUX port of the dongle), nothing happens. Is there a setting that I must set to get Bk-in TX? I have enabled the paddles in RRC Micro.

Charlie KB8CR

*** UPDATE ****

I removed the program again, and in device manager uninstalled the serial ports. Then I reinstalled RRC Micro. It now transmits when using the paddles. However, the iambic mode A does not work properly. Characters are not completed as in mode A.

Charlie KB8CR

**** 2nd UPDATE ****

Everything seems to work in Iambic Mode B.........band is dead right now, so no one is answering, but I am seeing myself on Reverse Beacon Network. Looks like we are in business once the band comes up. :-)

Charlie KB8CR
« Last Edit: 2016-05-23, 19:58:49 by KB8CR »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email

Everything seems to work in Iambic Mode B.........band is dead right now, so no one is answering, but I am seeing myself on Reverse Beacon Network. Looks like we are in business once the band comes up. :-)

Charlie KB8CR
Fine!

And how about others? Have you been successful in making it work?

KB8CR

• View Profile
    • Email
I have made quite a few QSO's with it so far. It appears that it works best with the WPM < 20. Above that, the sidetone 'clicking' gets bad and overpowers part of the sidetone and makes sending difficult.

Charlie KB8CR

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yes, the 'click' is too bad it's there. We have to use Windows functions that mute and un-mute the sidetone in order to make it fast enough and then the click is there as a side effect.

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello to the group.

I am trying to upgrade the software to test out the new CW paddle capability of the 1274B.

When I try to load the RRC1258-CRC-v2.91 software and the unit reboots, I get the following error:
Wrong File Type : Got 172 Expected 35

Not quite sure what this means. Thanks in advance.

Serge
VA3SB

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello group.

Charlie KB8CR found the reason for the error I was encountering. It was because I used the .zip file and not the .bin file! Operator error.
Sorry for the bandwidth. Thanks again Charlie! Appreciate your help.

Serge
VA3SB

LB6B

• View Profile
For the keyer function. Would it also be possible to add Iambic Ultimatic, in addition to mode A and B?
I learned CW with and Ultimatic keyer decades ago and trouble using anything else as this is also a mode on the winkeyers, but using a winkeyer is obviously no option here so support for Ultimatic would be greatly appreciated!

Background for how Ultimatic differs from Mode-A/B.
http://la3za.blogspot.no/2013/05/is-ultimatic-morse-keyer-really-that.html