Author Topic: DDNS remoterig - is there something to set up?  (Read 6727 times)

IZ0JOJ

• View Profile
DDNS remoterig - is there something to set up?
« on: 2016-09-07, 13:14:38 »
 :PHello to everybody.
Thanks for reading my request of help.

I own a kenwood ts 480 plus two remoterigs devices. Last software version mounted on.
I successfully transmitted (france to italy) remotely - through direct IP connection (I asked to my father to give me his IP number and open DMZ on the router) but...now I am trying to setup the DDNS service offered by remorerig. It doesn't work. I don' tunderstand why.
Is there something I should know? The device created, as written in the manual, an user name and password and I copied and pasted the name of the server...on the control device... but still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: DDNS remoterig - is there something to set up?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-07, 13:22:38 »
you copy "own hostname" from the Radio-RRC to the SIP contact box in the Control-RRC.

Look at the statuspage in the both RRC, it may say whats wrong, probably it's the DNS settings (not ddns) which is wrong in one or both of the units. Both RRC need to be in contact with a dns server to make the ddns to work

73 de mike

IZ0JOJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-11, 22:13:53 »
Hi Mike,
many thanks for your reply.

Yes, I copied the "DDNS hostname given from you remote rig" from the Radio-RRC to the SIP contact box in the Control-RRC.

On the radio page (box with the body of Kenwood Ts 480) everything looks Okay. No error.

On the control radio page (box with the panel of Kenwood TS 480) the DDNS is correctly solved (I mean there is the IP of my remote house)

other parties: there is an IP number that... I don't know what is.. is completely strange (any ip I knew)

.... while on the control box side - there is other parties: 0.0.0.0

Last update: after playing with the DMZ on the router (of radiorrc)

thanks
« Last Edit: 2016-09-12, 00:01:26 by IZ0JOJ »

IZ0JOJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-09-11, 23:54:30 »
Hi,
I finally managed to remotely control my radio...and also later on ... I mean I turned off and on again many times my control-RRC ... no problem.. always ease to connect to remote radio-rrc. I also turned off and on and then off again the DMZ - it worked (so I assume is not dependent on the DMZ).

I asked my father on the other site (radiorrc) to reset the router - and get a new IP address.
The DDNS remote rig service correcty identified the IP - after few seconds...
but..when I tried to connect again on the panel side (control RRC) it didn't work. I checked the status and a part from SIP ERRORS (yellow led is continuos blinking with sound) ... there is written DDNS status .... PREVIOUS IP (of 10 minutes before)...
only after 10 minutes - after several turn off turn on of the device control RRC I believe It appeared the new one...(and correct one).

Since then IT DIDNT WORK ANY MORE..... don't ask me WHY !!!!!

I don't understand....
I just changed the IP (resetting the router)...

Thanks for any help

This is the last screenshot.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-12, 00:02:27 by IZ0JOJ »

IZ0JOJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-09-12, 22:15:33 »
Hello everybody.
I had some progress... I managed to make it work ONLY opening the right IP on the DMZ.

The problem is that this is just a long distance remote test. It isn't the definitive place. I mean: I am in France, my father in Italy helping me via Skype. At home we have nice router, high configurable...and I can play with DMZ etc etc...

The plan is to just move this RADIO RRC side to the country side where there is a neighbour that has given to me his password...
I saw the router - it's a very basic one from the major italian company (telecom) which is NOT configurable - is for dummies!

What to do? Do you believe it will work or not?

Thanks in advance

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-09-13, 08:07:03 »
If you cant configure portforwarding it will not work.
If it's a combined router and modem, often you can bridge the box so it works only as a modem and put your own router there or you can replace it with a new combined box which is configurable.

73 de mike

IZ0JOJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-09-14, 01:14:05 »
 :D :D :D
Really?

Yes, the router is also modem / it is unique solution.
So let me see if I understood well... I can use the router I configured today (that works) (entering DMZ, bla bla) to "bridge" (WPS right?) re-transmit the wifi signal of the neighboor....

Scheme:
 router of my friend with its uncofigurable settings -----> linked to my router (WPS mode) (I just need to use it as EXTENDER?) and here configure everything - is this right?

Will it work? really!!? I am so happy now, I hope you're right!

Thanks again

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-09-14, 06:45:37 »
NO, that will not work. The router function must be bridged in the friends router so it act only as a modem and you connect your router with a cable to the friends router/modem which now acts only as a modem

73 de mike