Author Topic: FTdx-9000d TRX manager  (Read 4876 times)

VE6WZ

• View Profile
    • Email
FTdx-9000d TRX manager
« on: 2016-11-01, 16:28:08 »
I have been unable to get my FTdx-9000d to connect using the RCC-1258 boxes using TRX manager.

Here is the background:

1. I have the K3s twin setup working perfectly at my remote station 100km north of me (CQWW ssb contest was a flawless operation)
2. Recently I purchased from a local Ham another RCC-1258MkII set of boxes so that I can set-up a second Yaseu station at my remote. This will NOT be the twin set-up, I plan to use PC control with TRX manager at the control end.
3. All strapping and jumpers were check and set for the Yaesu FTdx-9000 settings.
4. The RCC radio unit was connected to the radio, and over my LAN using the RemoteRig MICO DONGLE on my laptop, I established connection and complete control of the FTdx-9000 using TRX Manager. So...all working ok.
5. Now I want to use the RCC control box instead of the Micro Dongle. LAN IP address of the radio RCC was input to the Control RCC as SIP addy. Full LAN access to the control unit WEB page.  I cannot connect to the radio using TRX manager on my other PC.
6. At my first attempt to connect, TRX manager locked up, but I discovered this is only when RTS/CTS is enabled in TRX manager (handshaking problem?) With rts/cts off, manager dose not lock up, but no comm to radio.
7. To confirm COM port on PC is good, I connected the radio direct to the PC and TRX manager has complete control of radio even with rst enabled...power on off all ok.

I have purposely NOT indicated my Serial port settings on the Control RCC since I have been working on this for 3 days I think I have tried every possible combination of settings for com 1 or 2.
I think I can conclude the radio RCC is configured correctly since all works perfect with the rcc dongle.
Surely I have not set things up right for PC control.

Any help?

de Steve ve6wz.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: FTdx-9000d TRX manager
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-01, 16:32:54 »
Be sure that you use the settings for "Yaesu in general (FT-2000)" settings not the yeasu twin settings

73 de mike

VE6WZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-11-01, 16:34:22 »
Yes. This is what I used. "Yaesu General (Ft-2000)"

VE6WZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-11-01, 16:48:18 »
Actually it is set for: Mode 4 Kenwood, Yaesu, Elekraft
I don't see a setting for FT-2000 ?
Both RCC units have been updated with latest firmware 2.91
All CMD, Audio and SIP ports checked and agree with Radio RCC.

VE6WZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-11-02, 02:41:26 »
I have established connection.

The RCC manual under stetting for the Yaesu General (FT-2000) does NOT say to have AUTO connect on, but that is the only way for me to establish connection to the radio RCC.
With Auto connect ON I have full control of the FTdx-9000 with TRX-manager program, audio, Mic and power on-off.

However....

Now, if I go back to my Laptop and try to access the Yaesu with the RCC-Micro dongle, it says "Busy". It seems like even with the radio turned off, there remains a SIP connection to the control RCC box. Perhaps with Auto Connect on, the session remains open between the two RCC units, but this is the only way I can get communication.

This does not happen with my K3s twin set up. I can access the remote from either the K3/0 or the Micro Dongle.

The manual says to have Auto connect off, but that does not work for me.

Does this provide any clues about my problem???? Perhaps the TRX manager program does not tell the RCC control box to open a connection to the radio??

Steve

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-11-02, 08:07:29 »
Hi
Auto connect means that the connection will be up forever it's used in comercial 2 or 4 wire systems. In you  case you use the "connect" and "disconnect" button on the status page to control the connection

73 demike

VE6WZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-11-02, 16:09:43 »
Thanks Mike.

Yes I see the connect and disconnect button on the status page.
For now, I will use that. It is easy to use.

I will contact TRX-Manger support and see if there is a setting in their program to tell RCC-control unit to start a connection.
Is there no one else out there using TRX-manager with remote rig not had this problem??
Maybe just me??
Or is this just the way it is done when using PC control with remote rig?

de steve ve6wz.