Author Topic: Can I change all the menus on the K3 Radio side with the Control side?  (Read 3841 times)

NY4I

• View Profile
    • Email
I realized that I forgot to set the mic input to REAR on the radio K3. I connect with the control K3 Mini and enter the config menu. I can see the item but am not able to change anything. If I push 1, 2 or 7 to adjust certain settings, nothing changes.

Are any menu settings locked out from the control side?

Thanks,

Tom NY4I

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Tom,

When you are connected to the remote K3, then you are only controlling the menus on that (radio) side
and not the control side. In order to change menu items on the control side, you must disconnect first.
Since hitting the power button starts the remote connect, this would mean unplugging something to
prevent the remote connect.

All menu items are available from the control side.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

NY4I

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Mitch,

It is the radio side I want to change (the remote side at the club house). I was trying to change the menu when connected to the remote.

I do not believe I would want to change the local K3 Mini as I need the remote side to use the rear panel mic input.

Tom

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Like Mitch says, all menus work remote in the same way as local. I have the local mic connected to the front mic connector and the remote to the back, and works perfect to change remotely

73 de mike

NY4I

• View Profile
    • Email
OK. Well I am not able to change the menu settings while connected so something is wrong. Thanks for verifying that I should be able to change all the menus though on the radio at the remote site.

Thanks,

Tom

oz1rh

• View Profile
Like Mike says, it works changing menu options via remote. While connected I change the mike input from front to back by pressing Menu, selecting the menu option and then turning the VFO wheel.

73, Palle, OZ1RH.

NY4I

• View Profile
    • Email
I solved this one...It was a silly operator error that I saw right away when I was at the actual station Friday night. I was trying to change the mic setting in CW mode. When you do that on a K3, the radio scrolls a message on the secondary display line that reads "N/A in CW". The reason I could not see that is related to my other issue where the display takes a long time to refresh. I was never able to read the "N/A in CW" line. I have not solved that one yet.

Thanks for the help and now to try to figure out the second issue.