Author Topic: Got the TS480SAT working on the Internet  (Read 4302 times)

k7cf

• View Profile
    • Email
Got the TS480SAT working on the Internet
« on: 2011-01-11, 03:25:37 »
Here is short summary.
Did the jumpers, made sure the two RRC's worked in my "Home Lan" - dumb me, thought I was done.

Here is all we did to get KF0LF to connect from Arizona via Internet.

Typed in my "what is my IP address" and got the string of characters of the IP Address of my remote(where the antenna is). Displayed this on my Laptop at the Antenna location and where the radio RRC and transmitter is located.

Kf0LF changed his control RRC at the remote TS480 control head location in the radio setting menu of the Control RRC as follows:

1)Typed Hello in Sip password field in radio settings menu of both RRC's, radio(antenna)  and control (TS480 head). Can change to any name besides Hello.

2) Typed in The "What is my IP address" IP string that came back to my laptop at the radio (antenna location) along with a Colon 80... :80 in the SIP Contact entry in radio settings menu of the Control (TS480 head). ie 76.197.280.302:80 (made this string up).

3) Changed the Port Forwarding setting to match the book 5060,11000, 12000, 80 and matched UDP and TCP to the appropriate entry in the manual in my router at the(antenna location). The Colon 80 is the TCP entry of 80.

That's all folks
KF0LF hit the power up button on the TS480 from his location and it came to life.
I hooked the control RRC at remote location and it works. It has a "dead audio" intermittent but probably something to do with internet, will figure out later but this "getting on the internet" procedure worked for me. The Router settings were fairly simple. I recognize that there are a lot of different parameters and it was confusing trying to link the manual instructions to what I needed to do, where in actuallity, I just needed to  change the Port forwarding and since ithe router is not like those listed in the manual, that is all I did to get it working.
Have not done the DynDNS thing yet.
I am sure I will find some bug later but right now, the rig came up when I powered on the TS480S at my away from the antenna location.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Got the TS480SAT working on the Internet
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-11, 08:12:56 »
Hi

The :80 should not be in the SIP contact, :80 is pointing to the http port which is not relevant for the SIP-contact. But the RRC to not parse it anyway so it does no harm.

73 de mike

k7cf

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Got the TS480SAT working on the Internet
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-13, 21:18:59 »
OK, well it works and I will try to remove it to see if it makes no difference.

When I first connected the internet, remote, the streaming of data would drop out, seemed timed every 25 seconds, dead for 2 seconds, then work for another 25 seconds. I talked to the ISP tech and told me to watch the lites on the Modem/router, a QWEST modem, and when the streaming would stop, the lights would blink more solid so it was some inquiry from the internet that was taking the bandwidth.
We checked the speed of the broadband DSL and the speed was a fifth of what I am paying for. They reset the speed, it came back and the dead time went away an d now the steam is going through without interuption.
I tried CW using the internal key and really screwed me up so I will be enabling the keyer in the RRC but I have to change the CW key connector on the remote unit of the ts480S to key.
Thanks for the help, really a neat product but like everything neat, there is a learning curve.