Author Topic: WLAN Antenna Solution on Mast, easy and reliable!  (Read 6562 times)

fnord

• View Profile
    • Email
WLAN Antenna Solution on Mast, easy and reliable!
« on: 2011-04-20, 22:26:04 »
I found a simple and reliable way to connect the existing Remoterig Radio Control to a Wireless Lan.
The Nanostation M5 is a very professional low cost solution, with Power over Ethernet (15V PSU works), you just have to put a Ethernet Wire to the mast, and install the Nano Station M5 on the mast, that would easily connect a 3-4 Mile far away WLAN Access Point.
i didnt find any better solution on the market with the same price/value
its using 802.11an (5GHz and speed is up to 70mbit Full duplex real life througput)

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: WLAN Antenna Solution on Mast, easy and reliable!
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-21, 20:04:12 »
Yes I have used the big brother Powerstation 5 my self for remoting a IC-2820 on a mountain top 16km=10 mile away for years and they work perfect. I have a input level of -56 dBm so the noise margin is really big.

73 de mike

Vincent

• View Profile
Re: WLAN Antenna Solution on Mast, easy and reliable!
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-22, 00:07:51 »
another little tip and i think much cheaper but not really for outside receiving signals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vap11G-Wireless-Wifi-Bridge-Dongle-f-Dreambox-Xbox-PS3-/140518074524?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b787a89c

its called wifi bridge and the costs arent even that high.

you only have to connect it to a computer then set the Wifi AP were he can connect to.
put the plug into the rj45 connector and a 5v adapter.
then your rrc is ready for wifi use.

works on all devices off course that are not wireless