RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

IC-706 audio pauses over internet

<< < (2/3) > >>

KB8CR:
My wifi is only G & N. I can accesss the RRC-Control webpage just fine. But when I try to turn the radio on, I get the flashing yellow light.

Charlie KB8CR

KB8CR:
Under status, I get the following:

Name Value
Control panel OFF
Radio OFF
Connection status Disconnected
SIP status Unknown(1)
Last SIP error SIP Error
RTP/UDP audio status Disconnected
UDP cmd status Disconnected
SIP command timeout 4
Rx Jitter buffer size 5
Rx Jitter delay 4
Dual Rx 0
SIP Out port 13000
SIP In port 13000
Audio Out port 0
Audio In port 0
Command Out port 0
Command In port 13002
External SIP In port 13000
External Audio In port 13001
External Cmd In port 13002
Other party  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (I blanked this out)
Input 0 High
Input 1 High
Input 2 High
Output 0 High
Output 1 Low
Output 2 Low
DNS status Error, failed to resolve remoterig.com! (Is THIS the problem ?????)
Active profile: Default
PTT status: OFF

sm2o:
if the yellow led blinks the Control-RRC can not reach the Radio-RRC. This is beacuse either the SIP contact IP or the SIP port number is wrong. DNS error is a problem but not as long as you have both on the same LAN. As long as you have them on the same LAN you should use IP-addresses not DNS hostnames. To solve the DNS error, check what DNS IP your PC have got from your router and enter the same in the RRC.

/mike

KB8CR:
When I first arrived here to Florida (the Radio RRC is in Ohio)....it was working ok on wifi using DHCP, except for the pauses in audio. NOW, I cannot even connect to the radio rrc with wifi..... only Ethernet.
I tried to enter a static IP on the Control RRC using the same IP that the router gave me 10.0.0.5, same subnet, and used their DNS server (like I had on my PC here). No good.
Charlie

KB8CR:
OK.....I got back to where I can use it with wifi (I inadvertently blocked the wifi on the router  :o). But the pause is still there except when using Ethernet connection. The only settings on the wifi are to chose between b/g/n and g/n.

I am in the same room as the wifi router. But the pauses persist.
 :(
Charlie KB8CR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version