Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
General discussion forum / control unit not showing as control
« Last post by WD0AJG on 2024-02-12, 06:48:11 »
I bought some used units.  The tags on them said serial number 9937 - radio unit and the other said 9940 control unit but when I hook up they both say they are a radio unit and both show serial 9937 although they do have different mac addresses
The control unit ( yes it has the cw knob, has a mac of :00:1E:FD:01:9D:71
The actual radio unit (no cw knob) has a mac of :00:23:a7:4f:ab:2d

How or can they be corrected?  I have tried reset several times but they still both come up 9937 a radio unit .

WD0AJG
General discussion / Re: Is RRC-Micro PC Client still available?
« Last post by sm2o on 2024-02-04, 17:31:57 »
Hi

The PC-client was discontinued some years ago

https://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=28

73 de mike
General discussion / Is RRC-Micro PC Client still available?
« Last post by 9V1SA on 2024-02-04, 12:59:43 »
I looked around the distributors and it seems RRC-Micro PC Client is out of stock. Is the product now discontinued or?
Configuration, RRC 1258 / Re: Restart Radio RRC via telnet command
« Last post by oe2wpo on 2024-02-03, 17:59:09 »
Hello!

>You don't need to make the HTTP port accessible from the Internet at all for remoterig to function.
To Restart RRC you need HTTP access, but tunneling the HTTP Port is not the solution.

I use a SSH tunnel now to access the RRC Webinterface.
This works fine!

Thanks for your response!
General discussion forum / Re: Trouble getting set up
« Last post by KE6DUY on 2024-01-31, 04:40:29 »
Success!!!!! A big thank you to Mike for finding my mistake. Now to connect from a hotel that has a password for their wifi.
Configuration, RRC 1258 / Re: Restart Radio RRC via telnet command
« Last post by pe1hzg on 2024-01-29, 12:41:06 »
You don't need to make the HTTP port accessible from the Internet at all for remoterig to function. Once set up, you don't need access to the HTTP port from the Internet; only the UDP ports are required.

Also, I wonder how the remote is accessing the network. If you're using some kind of access point, perhaps as wifi client (which is not unlikely given the unavailability of the wifi module these days), you might want to ponder using said access point to create a VPN tunnel and only make your remoterig accessible via the tunnel. I would do some experiments with OpenWRT for this.

Alternatively, if the control station is at a fixed location (hence has a predictable IP address), you can limit access from the internet to only accept these predictable IP addresses. That is trivial (at least on OpenWRT).

If you DO need HTTP access, another possibility would be to make an SSH connection to a raspberry pi, enable SOCS on the SSH connection ("ssh -D 1080 ....") and then temporary enable SOCS on your firefox browser and use that to access the HTTP port. Note that you can't use SOCKS to tunnel the UDP connections but HTTP should work.
Configuration of Routers, Firewalls, etc / Re: TCP connected, UDP not
« Last post by sm2o on 2024-01-25, 22:40:05 »
Ok Great
I assumed that you had not changed anything after moving the units apart

73 de mike
Configuration, RRC 1258 / Restart Radio RRC via telnet command
« Last post by oe2wpo on 2024-01-25, 14:41:40 »
Hello!

Is it possible to Restart the Radio RRC via telnet?

No, the  telnet port is not tunneled.
Yes HTTP Port is tunneled, thus unusable after short time beeing continuously "tested" from the internet.

Thanks!
Werner
Configuration of Routers, Firewalls, etc / Re: TCP connected, UDP not
« Last post by 9V1SA on 2024-01-25, 13:32:28 »
Issue fixed. In moving between the setup side by side location and the remote location i did a factory reset on the radio end and forgot to reset the baud rate to 38,000 in the radio settings menu. With that corrected all works. Thanks for support
General discussion forum / Mitch - DJ0QN SK
« Last post by WU6X on 2024-01-22, 21:52:03 »
I was very sorry to hear of Mitch's passing ... He was always so very helpful and a super hero to this Forum. He was always helpful with suggestions and knowledge sharing. Fortunately, most all of that knowledge is now archived here for anyone else looking to get into RemoteRig configuration. Rest in peace, Mitch.
Dennis - WU6X
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10