Author Topic: DDNS setup issues  (Read 4459 times)

N3AD

• View Profile
    • Email
DDNS setup issues
« on: 2013-10-02, 22:49:42 »
I have resolved a number of setup issues I had yesterday. Here is what still needs resolving.
I registered with ddns.remoterig.com which automatically put in the dynamic ddns info, so I think I'm good there.

Issues remaining
1. On the remote radio page, auto connect is set at no. When I change it to yes, it reverts back to no. Should it be no with the ddns activated?
2. Do I need to set ddns in my router to remoterig.com? My router does not that have that option, only show disable, dyndns.org and tzo.com. I dont see any way of entering it manually. If this setting is needed, do I need to update firmware. I've been trying to do that and the upgrade will not accept the files I've downloaded from Lynsys but the installer won't accept it.
3. I am showing ipV4 connectivity but no ipV6 connectivity. Do I need ipV6?

Thanks and 73
Alan/N3AD

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: DDNS setup issues
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-02, 23:00:50 »
Alan, here are your answers:

1. This has nothing to do with DDNS and should not be activated at all. It is just to force a connect when turning
the RRC on and should almost always be OFF.

2. No, you only ever need one device within a network that has a dynamic DNS address. You only have one, single
external IP number and any device in addition will just be redundant. The RRC is enough for this purpose.

3. NO

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX