Author Topic: Just want to connect paddle, speaker, and mic - no control / what's the setup??  (Read 2014 times)

W0CP

• View Profile
    • Email
The manual covers General setup with PC control with the PC is running a control application such as HRD. It does not cover the situation where no control whatsoever is desired.

I have a K3-twin configuration. I want to repurpose it for SunSDR2. I don't plan to use CAT since I will be using remote desktop for rig control. All I need is to get the speaker, key and mic working at the control side.

My plan is to just change the Program Mode from 14 (Elecraft Twins) to 4 (Yaesu, Kenwood, Elecraft) in setup and to leave the jumpers as they are. Will this work? Are there any other changes I need to make to the K3/twin configuration to get this working?

Also, I am accustomed to turning on the K3/0 to make the connection. How does this configuration turn on/off, or does it just stay connected always?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Yes you can do as you suggest. In mode 4 there will show up a connect button on the status page, which you can use to connect. You can also set  Auto connect = yes then it will connect after power on and be  connected forever

73 de mike

W0CP

• View Profile
    • Email
tnx Mike. I just hooked up this configuration and it's solid. I also found that the mic for the Btech mobile 2m radio on my desk is plug and play compatible with the remoterig mike jack.