RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

WINKEY USE

(1/1)

EY8MM:
Hi,

I would like to use Winkey feature for CW but seems like I am missing something important. Please advice.

Control UNIT
I have connected to USB port on Control UNIT. It built 4 Virtual COM ports. Not sure which one to use for CW key (or Winkey).

Radio Unit
I connected to radio through IO port. Paddle working fine.

So need advice in settings how to use one of 4 USB virtual ports for CW (Winkey)?

Thanks!

Nodir EY8MM

HB9BJL:
Hello Nodir
on your Radio Unit: Keyer settings: PTT activated by Keyer: Yes, PTT delay ms: 10
on your Control Unit:
- Keyer settings: Enable
- Serial Settings: COM3 (Extra) mode (USB-COMFSK) : Morse-8 Winkeyer
- I/O Settings: IN0 mode: Keyer, OUT0 mode : Keyer
You must use the provided USB cable. In your Windows Device Manager the following is shown:
RRC1258 COMExtra (COMxx). Use this COM port in your Logging software (N1MM+) for the Winkeyer:
Config -> Config Ports, Mode Control, Winkey -> Hardware : COM11 tick CW/other -> tick Winkey.
N1MM+ will then send CQ etc. correctly to the Radio Unit. I can send you my printscreens if you like. FSK for RTTY can be configured as well, it needs a connection between the radio unit and the FSK input of the TRX.

73 de Christian, HB9BJL
HB9BJL

VA2EBI:
Sorry, I replied to the wrong message.

Christian, like Nodir I am using the Winkey feature in the RRC1258, but I have not been satisfied with the quality of my CW.  I use a Begali Contour paddle into the PAD jack of the RRC1258, but I do not believe the quality of my transmitted CW is an issue with the paddle.  When my radio is off, I can monitor my paddle with external speakers connected to the SP jack on the Control RRC, and I am sending near-perfect code.  My remote setup is a pair of Yaesu FT5000's in Yaesu Twin configuration.  I also use N1MM Plus Logger, but I was confused by the structure of your reply to Nodir.  I would appreciate copies of your printscreens for the Control RRC I/O screen, and also your N1MM Hardware, Winkey and Mode Control screens.  I should not be sending sloppy CW.  Thank you.

George VA2EBI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version