Author Topic: Connection of RRC 1258  (Read 3467 times)

G3VNH

• View Profile
Connection of RRC 1258
« on: 2016-09-07, 21:29:42 »
I have my two RRC 1258 (new in 2016 with the latest s/w) working correctly on the same home LAN  and have had good QSO’s using it. This location will eventually be the Radio RRC location using a Kenwood TS-590 twin set up.  On moving the Control RRC to the operating position I cannot get a connection between the two RRC’s.  This position is for my OM (G3TIX) who is now in an apartment (no antennas etc.) and a White stick operator.

All I did from the local set up was to put my Dynamic DNS user password (generated by the Radio RRC) into the control RRC.  It does not connect.

When attempting to gain access to the Control RRC at the operating site it comes up with Microsoft Edge is asking for my user name and password.  The only passwords I know were the SIP (generated by Radio RRC) and an initial Username rrc 1258–serial number of the Radio RRC and a password with it.  On entering these I still get rejection as it says they do not match/or are incorrect.

I cannot see why it asks at the Control RRC for the Username and password of the Radio RRC.  No doubt I am missing something?  I cannot proceed further (I had reset the Control RRC) without having to connect directly to the modem at the Control end.  I did not have a long enough lead with me to do it.  I was running the Control RRC via Wi-Fi.   I will sort this shortly.

Having read many accounts of various problems I fail to understand some of the terminology e.g. SIP ALG and DMZ and how they are set within the RRC’s.

Any simple “line by line instructions and terminology explanations” will be greatly appreciated.

Peter G3VNH

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Connection of RRC 1258
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-07, 21:52:13 »
Peter,

Your router is probably not configured to allow the system to be used outside of the network.

Drop me a short mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you my networking checklist that
walks you through the process.

The RRC's are only password protected if someone entered a password into them to begin with.
In this case, only a full factory reset will get you back in.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-07, 21:55:16 »
Im afraid you have mixed things up a bit. It's the "own host name" you should copy to the Control RRC "SIP contact". The ddns password should not be used anywhere else. If a box asks for a password. it's because it's activated on the IP settings page in the RRC you are trying to browse. It has nothing to do with the SIP password or ddns passwords. I asume you have set up portforwarding or DMZ in your router where the radio is. SIP ALG should be disabled if there is a setting like that in the router.

73 de mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-09-07, 21:57:56 »
All that information is contained in my checklist, so hopefully I can send it to him soon.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX