Author Topic: Need to power reboot Radio-RRC every time  (Read 7407 times)

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Need to power reboot Radio-RRC every time
« Reply #15 on: 2020-10-17, 11:24:26 »
Karl,

I assume that the Webswitch and RRC web page are using different port numbers?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2020-10-17, 11:38:26 »
Hi,

Just for the record.

I was running today for 1,5 hours from OH0Z on 15m. I kept the remote PC at OH0Z pinging the 4G router the whole time. I had one connection failure that time after working about an hour and noticed from the web interface that RRC had rebooted itself for some reason, while the PC ping statistics were as follows:

Ping statistics for 192.168.100.1:
    Packets: Sent = 7717, Received = 7717, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 15ms, Average = 2ms

I had the RRC ping watchdog set to reboot - so perhaps that triggered it. I have now disabled it.

I am sure this (RRC/Network) issue will be figured out one day it is going to be something very simple, but for now it is just a mystery to me ;-)

And do not get me wrong  - I really like the product and want all the best for it.

73 de Kari, OH2XX

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2020-10-17, 11:39:44 »
Mitch,

Yes, 81 for RRC and 500 for webswitch.

- Kari

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: 2020-10-17, 11:43:02 »
Karl,

Try changing port 81 to something else and forward that port.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2020-10-23, 17:38:20 »
Hi,

Just a quick update on this. I changed the web port last weekend to over 500 (and changed the NAT setting respectively) and also disabled the ping watchdog. The RRC has been up and running since then and today I turned the radio on for the first time after the changes and made a few QSOs on 15m. It took just one or two QSOs after which the RRC's web interface stopped responding. Trying to reload it gave an error message saying "192.168.100.228 took too long to respond" (from the remote PC at OH0Z and my home PC). Anyway the radio worked ok for the 10 minutes I was running. But if we need to reboot the RRC the remote power switch is now the only option to do that.

73 de Kari, OH2XX

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: 2020-10-23, 19:31:34 »
Kari,

If it only stops working after some QSO's, then it looks like RF is getting into the network.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2020-10-23, 23:31:03 »
Yes,

Funny it affects only the WEB interface though. Everything else seems to work now. Been running FT8 on 160m for an hour now without any issues. The RRC's web interface is still unresponsive. That is not very critical as we can reboot the power remotely if needed. But to make things close to perfection it would be nice to resolve the web interface issues as well.

73 de Kari, OH2XX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: 2020-10-26, 08:24:06 »
Hi

As two units behave in the same way it's obvious that it's something outside the RRC which is causing the trouble. I have never heard RFI having that effect before, I doubt it's the reason probably it's more simple, but who knows.

73 de mike

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2020-10-26, 19:33:33 »

Hi,

Well, my logic works the other way :-) if there are two (or three, see below) RRC units having similar issues and everything else in the network works fine (PCs, Webswitches, IPCameras, etc.) the problem must be inside the RRC.

As said there is a third RRC behaving the same way (at OH2U). The web interface is unresponsive but the radio connection works anyway. I just checked it again today and the issue is still there - radio works but the web interface does not. The Webswitch at OH2U has not had any web interface issues during these years.

Here is the link to my original post (in 2015 :-) http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=3818.0

If you read it through you will find out that I was not the only one who had experienced the web interface problem.

It would be nice to find a fix - be it anywhere.  RFI is not the prime suspect for me either at the moment.

73 de Kari, OH2XX