Author Topic: Lost contact with Remote.  (Read 3789 times)

sv1oz

• View Profile
    • Email
Lost contact with Remote.
« on: 2016-10-01, 15:23:30 »
I have changed at the remote site provider but I use the same router with same parameters (opened ports).
From the moment they connected with my router remotely to setup their data for Internet I lost connection with my remote rig. I try today all day remotely to check all parameters in router and in RRC but all look correct. I changed the port numbers to default as per last edition manual but nix..
In my local RRC when I check status I see SIP error , Unknown SIP.
DDNS works OK and I see the IP of remote RRC.
My mind is empty from other ideas can anyone help?
I forgot to mention I use
Cmd port UDP 12200
AUDIO      UDP 11000
SIP            UDP 5065
Web          TCP  8080
TELNET    TCP  23

In router at FIREWALL DMZ is enabled and I have put the RRC address 192.168.2.228

Any help?

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Lost contact with Remote.
« Reply #1 on: 2016-10-01, 16:32:16 »
Two possibilities come to mind:

1) You installed a new modem from the new provider that has DHCP enabled. Since your old router also
provides a DHCP server, you would experience "double NAT" and it won't work. The solution would be to
turn the DHCP server off on the new modem. Obviously, if you are only still using only the old router, then
this won't be the problem.

2) Your new provider uses IPv6. See my posting http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=2768.msg12490#msg12490
for details.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sv1oz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-10-02, 12:21:41 »
Hello Mitch you were right!!!
The new provider has given one pseudo IP in the router.
When i go to DMZ to specify an exception to firewall for my RRC the field has as IP this pseudo IP address 10.140.23 1 for example  and then 192.168.2. and an empty field where I put 228.
So what's next step? This telephone line belongs to a friend of mine and next Monday will try to contact them to see if they can help. If we have no result then what we can do? You said something for VPN? Please can you explain me how I can set it? Provider unfortunately cannot change as there is signed minimum agreement for 24 months. Thank U in advance  for your kind support. Dimitris DK1OZ

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-10-03, 03:28:56 »
I guess you just need to follow what I wrote in my other post. Try contacting your provider to
see if they will give you a true IPv4 "routable" IP number. You may have to pay extra for it. If
not, you may be able to get out of your contract, because the service essentially does not work
as expected.

The subject of VPN is too complex to go into details here. I suggest that you Google and maybe
find information available in Greek. This technology has become somewhat cheaper, since I have
even seen a VPN based upon Raspberry Pi. The main problem is portability and getting it up in the
first place.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX