Author Topic: Absolutely total reset  (Read 4284 times)

KP4TR

• View Profile
    • Email
Absolutely total reset
« on: 2012-01-18, 01:02:55 »
Hello,
I have a friend who has an interesting situation. He wants to add another profile, but the profile has a password set and he doesnt know what it is. So we decided to do a factory reset. If we hold the reset button for a minute with the unit powereed on, and for 30 sec. with it powered off (like a router), the default profile is reset, but all the other ones are left intact. How can I fully reset ALL profiles and leave the unit totally factory default in ALL profiles?

Thanks

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Absolutely total reset
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-18, 12:24:12 »
There is no way of doing a factory default reset for the non-default profiles. It is assumed that resetting the unit's default profile will give access to it and so making it possible to change active profile, which then makes it possible to change that profiles' settings before restarting the unit, which then will apply the changes made.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

KP4TR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-22, 14:51:35 »
For some reason 3 of his profiles have passwords set. Since he doesn't remember what they are, they cannot be used. He only uses 3 remote sites with TS480 at the moment, but any future uses of additional profiles will be a problem. Hopefully he will someday figure out what the passwords are. The default profile is his primary and most used so it is not a terrible issue at the moment, just an inconvenience.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-23, 08:57:37 »
OK, now I see the problem! When selecting a new profile that profile's user name and password immediately kicks in making it impossible to see/change them if one has forgotten what they are. They should not apply until restarting/applying the new profile's settings. Will have to look into it.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.