Author Topic: Configuration issue with FT450AT and HRD  (Read 8060 times)

AG6AZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Configuration issue with FT450AT and HRD
« on: 2012-05-05, 08:23:12 »
I am on weekend #2 on configuring the Remoterig to my FT450AT and went through the settings very closely and I still can get it connect on the same router for receive and transmit, but cannot get HRD find the virtual port and fails to launch.

The Microbit setup program just won't create the Microbit virtual port. It creates other ports but no Microbit virtual port.  I have Mitch who has volunteered to assist me on Sunday but I am still working through this and I am hoping to try and fix it. I feel like I am close but still challenged.

I was also wondering if using a standard RS232 serial cable is causing any issues.  I am using a standard serial cable RS232 that I used with the FT450AT before with my computer.

Any help for a newbie would be very much appreciated.

Keith
AG6AZ

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Configuration issue with FT450AT and HRD
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-05, 16:19:46 »
The Microbit setup program just won't create the Microbit virtual port. It creates other ports but no Microbit virtual port. 
Are you talking about installing Microbit Setup Manager? If so, which type of ports does it create?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-05, 16:20:55 »
Hi

You can use the same cable between the Radio-RRC com2 and the FT-450 as  you used before from PC-to FT-450. But from PC to control-RRC com2 you should use a straight cable. Start with a RS-232 cable if you have problem with USB as it's more straight forward.

Make the soft settings according to the manual.

Im sure Mitch will help you if you get in contact with him

73 de mike

AG6AZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-05, 16:37:44 »
In terms of ports it creates, it generates the following COM ports

RRC1258 COM port 0
RRC1258 COM port 1
RRC1258 COM port 2
RRC1258 COMFSK

It does not create the Microbit RRC Virtual COM port. Not sure why. I have reinstalled Microbit so I am wondering if it has something to do with my laptop. dell Inspiron 14 with windows 7 professional.

Thanks,

Keith
AG6AZ

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2012-05-05, 22:30:55 »
I plan to help Keith tomorrow with Teamviewer.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-05-06, 09:20:02 »
The comport you talk about is the ports which should be present, then you need to activatate one by for example set  "Use USB Com Port as COM0 = yes" in the RRC.

73 de mike

AG6AZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2012-05-07, 04:20:26 »
Well I wanted to provide an update.  Mitch got it done.  He was awesome!  I am now ready for remote operations.  The only thing that concerns me is related to instability of HRD and the fact that it freezes and does strange things to COM ports like makes them disappear.  I need a suggestion for a better CAT program. Any suggestions?

I am running traditional old school remote with a laptop and HRD but am now considering a twin situation. I also need some help with setting up a CAT port on a laptop to connect through to my 3G USB wireless card.  I tried to follow the instructions for ICS on the Microsoft website but I could not get it to work properly.

Thanks,

Keith
AG6AZ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2012-05-07, 07:50:00 »
Great

Have you tested Yaesus PC software PCC-450 or TRX-amanager. I do not know which is the best, I think people use all f them.

http://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.cfm?FileID=5294&FileCatID=42&FileName=PCC%2D450%5FV111a.zip&FileContentType=application%2Fx%2Dzip%2Dcompressed

73 de mike

AG6AZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2012-05-07, 20:28:41 »
Mike,

Thanks! I downloaded the 450s CAT control program. I will try that out as soon as I figure out how to connect wirelessly between the laptop and the Remoterig.

Best Regards,

Keith
AG6AZ