Author Topic: RS-BA1, ICOM, Expert 1K-FA  (Read 7381 times)

DF1NP

• View Profile
RS-BA1, ICOM, Expert 1K-FA
« on: 2012-07-19, 00:28:45 »
Hallo,

After working  over a year with 2x MK1258-II (act. Vers. 2.60), TS-480 and Expert 1K-FA with contentment, now I changed my remote radio to IC-7600. Still using 2x MK1258-II and Expert 1K-FA. CAT-Software is RS-BA1 by ICOM.

Software RS-BA1 goes via RS232 from PC to Control-RRC COM 2 and from the Radio-RRC via RS 232 to ICOM Levelconverter CT-17. One CI-V from CT-17 goes to CI-V-jack IC 7600 and the other CI-V is connected to  DB15 1K-FA. Program mode: 1 ICOM CI-V. Serial setting COM 2: Mode 2 ICOM CI-V. ( logical parallel or  inactive is definetly not working !)

The remote-software for Expert 1K-FA is connected to COM 1 control-RRC and on the radioside from RRC COM 1 to RS 232 1K-FA, Mode 3.

(Btw: rotaryremote is via a second pair MK1258-II, using it for VHF-transceiver).

So everything works fine: tuning, audio, CW and the Expert switches the bands automaticaly via CI-V from IC-7600 depending  using RS-BA1 software.

Only one problem: from time to time connection failed. It is not a problem of my Internetbandwith. Bauderate is 9600. Changing to 4800 doesn`t solve the failing.

Maybe RS-BA1 has the same problem with MK1258 II, so as RRC Micro PC-Client before release v1.5.0?

Has somebody the same configuration and solved the problems with failing connections?
Or is it the better way  using RS-BA 1 together with RRC Micro PC-Client. Is there any failing of connection yet?

tks
Willi

KP4TR

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: RS-BA1, ICOM, Expert 1K-FA
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-22, 21:48:27 »
Maybe it's a problem with RF? Maybe new Icom is generating RF into the Remoterig or router where older radio didn't?

DF1NP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-22, 22:58:15 »
Tks for replying.
No, it is no a RF-problem. It`s happened  during receiving. I still can receive and transmit on my last frequency, while connection is failing and RS-BA1 Software is not working.

RRC Micro Pc Client had some problems with other 3rdCAT-programs till release 1.5 where the USB/UDP drivingsystem was changed. May be the same problems exist still at the MK1258II`s?

This is a question to Microbit: is there actually a different between MK1258II and Micro Pc-Client using other 3rd party programs? And does other 3rd programs really working stable now also MK1258II as Micro PC Client?

Perhaps someone is using also ICOM software and can report successful.

dj1aus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-05-24, 22:47:53 »
Hi all,

I'm expiriencing the same since a view days.
I'm using the newest release of RS-BA1 (1.70) which I used also with the Remote Utility for a long time.
There I never had any timeouts or disconnects. The only reason I moved to RemoteRig was the ability to use CW Keying Interface.

This works, but I often expirience timeouts (mostly when I want to push the PTT) and then I need to reconnect the RS-BA1 Software and it works again for a undefined time.

Strange - hope you guys fixed it.

Greetings

DJ1AUS

--------

I forgot to explain the setup:
I'm running a IC-7200 at the remote site connected to a symetrical auto tuner and to the RRC-1258MkII.
On my local site I'm running a classical Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Desktop (Dual Boot) and the RRC-1258 MkII.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-24, 22:52:33 by dj1aus »

dj1aus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-07-24, 13:29:33 »
Update to my previous post:

Icom has updated his RS-BA1 Software to Version 1.80 but this software is also disconnected in unregular times.

To explain more detailed: I'm connecting to my remoterig via the remoterig RRC-1258MKII and connect the RS-BA1 Remote Control to the "local" RRC.
So I can tune the frequency, tune the transceiver, change settings like power filters and so on and most of the time it works.
but as explained in the previous post it gets disconnected from time to time and doesn't work until I reconnect the RS-BA1 Remote Control Software. The audio still runs through so the RRC's stay connected.

How do you tune your remoterigs when you cannot use a detachable tuning part like me (IC-7200 cannot detach the control panel.

Greetings
DJ1AUS