Author Topic: Remoterig and DXE 4 square receive system  (Read 6931 times)

K5WK Ken

• View Profile
    • Email
Remoterig and DXE 4 square receive system
« on: 2013-04-05, 00:40:13 »
Is anyone controlling the DXE 4 sq receive antenna via Remoterig?

OH2FT

• View Profile
Re: Remoterig and DXE 4 square receive system
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-05, 06:40:36 »
I have a DXE  4sq for RX/TX. RX model is probably similarly controlled, by 3 DC signals.
I am confident, that you could use the available outputs in RRC followed by relays. In my case, I need one of them for
CW, and with only 2 remaining outputs, I would have missed the omni position. Instead I use one serial port for antenna control, using a Microham stack switch, that can be configured as a 8-position selector. It drives my 40M 4sq and 80M triangle with 6 directions. Microham's webSwitch could be used as well,
and the web is full of all kinds of ethernet relays...bought one from Bulgaria that controls 16 relays, and ended up learning JAVA to modify the user inferface.
It's easier to click a box with wanted direction, instead  of thinking binary code and clicking several buttons to get the wanted direction.

OH2FT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-05, 06:50:49 »
Microbit/Remoterig  WebSwitch of course. The serial one I use is Microham. sorry for the error.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-05, 07:03:39 »
The Webswitch 1216H has a special function for controlling 4-sq where you can use the rotator web interface and define which combination of the 5 relays which should be active for up to 8 directions.

http://shop.microbit.se/webshop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=32

73 de mike

K5WK Ken

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-14, 04:12:11 »
This may be too complex for me.  BCD is needed to control the array.  I assume the BCD character needed is created by which of the lines carry voltages in combination.
So the 4 square control box is replaced or paralleled by internet controlled relays.  This is probably an easy project for Engineers, not so easy for music majors. 
« Last Edit: 2013-04-14, 04:31:52 by K5WK Ken »

OH2FT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-14, 06:47:57 »
Hi,

Webswitch 1216H should be very easy to configure. You adjust Webswitch's "truth table" according to DXE manual, so that wanted directions get the right signals. In the RX/TX model it's A, B, C and ground. might be even less in the RX model. It would work with Hi-Z 8-circle f ex.

Like said, I have an other system, but webswitch should be even easier.

The RX/TX model has a green modular connector in the back, so if I'm at the station myself, I can change the cable to the control unit. Just put an opposite connector to webswitch. You can use the web control at the station as well in Local Area Network. With a relay or diodes you could have them wired in parallel, but don't drive both at the same time...