Author Topic: Line in/out link PTT with dual-band rigs?  (Read 5207 times)

N7CXI

• View Profile
    • Email
Line in/out link PTT with dual-band rigs?
« on: 2013-05-16, 04:32:16 »
Hello,
When you use the line in/out with dual-band radios for the link, (I assume full duplex) how do you do PTT on the link radio at the shack end? The aux relay?
I was hoping not, as I'd like to use that to interrupt the HF amplifier control line, unless there's a different way to do that with a IC-7410.

I haven't bought the radio or the RemoteRig yet - I'm trying to figure out how to make it all work. I also have a Flex 5000A, but would just as soon not attempt to remote that one.

Tnx es 73,
Jim N7CXI

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Line in/out link PTT with dual-band rigs?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-16, 10:16:59 »
Hi, I don't understand what you mean ? what is the link radio ? I don't see any difference between dual band or dual receiver radios, normally you only have one microphone anyway. And yes you can use full duplex if you want to listen at the same time as you transmit.

73 de mike

N7CXI

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-16, 18:00:38 »
What I'm trying to get to is using the LINE IN/OUT connectors and dual-band radios as the communications link *instead of* the phone line.
Hook a dual-band, full-duplex rig to the LINE IN/OUT will get audio in and out of the RemoteRig and serve as a carrier for the DTMF tones, but
I got stuck at how you would engage PTT on the dual-band "link" radio. The radio to be formally controlled would be an HF rig.

I may be way off in the weeds here as well. I've never seen much less used a RemoteRig, but I'm trying to get an idea of how all this would go together before I invest in 2nd HF rig and the RemoteRig gear.

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-16, 18:52:49 »
Im sorry but I have no idea about what you mean, phone lines ??? If I should be able to help you I think I need a drawing.

73 de mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-20, 20:30:26 »
I think he thinks that RemoteRig uses a phone line, which it doesn't. It only can use
an existing internet connection.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX