Author Topic: PC CLIENT SETUP  (Read 6344 times)

K7MT

• View Profile
    • Email
PC CLIENT SETUP
« on: 2013-05-31, 20:57:50 »
I just got my PC Client, loaded the software and pluged the dongle in to the USB port and it was recognized. I set up WR7AGT's IP address etc in the contact list but it will not connect and times out. I also loaded ARCP-TS480 Software to use with the PC Client but cannot get it to work.

There are no instructions about the com ports so how do I set this up to get it working without instructions please. Is there a manual or instruction on the web as I looked at the web site but no instructions for the PC Client were listed.  Help !!!!

Bill K7MT Helena, Mt.

roland

Re: PC CLIENT SETUP
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-31, 23:02:06 »
http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=93  -> Click on Setup Tab and scroll down
« Last Edit: 2013-05-31, 23:08:45 by Roland (Microbit) »

K7MT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-01, 04:21:36 »
Thanks,

I have the RRC PC Client hooking up to the remote TS-480 after getting SIP and audio correct.  However, I do not have receive audio.  I see the Green Bar moving and no audo through the 1274A Dongle to my headset (I checked out headset and it is working ok) ?????

Second, I loaded the ARCP-480 Software and set it up for COM1. Then I setup PC Client Software COM1 as COM1 57600 and the software will not talk to the com port in PC Client after I hook up to the remote TS-480 site.  It indicates another application is using the comport or the baud rate is incorrect.  The remote site has COM0 setup as 57.600 as speed so do I need to setup COM0 virtual comport on PC Client then say the TS-480 software as available com port.  It is just confusing without any documentation/instruction on how to setup the TS-480 ARCP software to the PC Client virtural COM port so one can control the remote TS-480.

Hoping to get it operational soon.  Thanks and look forward to any help..

Bill K7MT

roland

« Reply #3 on: 2013-06-01, 12:23:24 »
I would recommend using either TTL(COM0) or COM2 in RRC-box.
All cables described and delivered are designed for that.
Using COM1 needs other cables.

If you don't get things in order I can help using a remote connection
when I get back to work. I will be away most of Monday but after that.

« Last Edit: 2013-06-01, 12:26:05 by Roland (Microbit) »

K7MT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-06-02, 22:47:01 »
Hi Roland,

Ok, I finally got this figured out thanks to W8SAI in Cinncinati, Oh who has PC Client. I set up for his ICOM with ham Radio Deluxe and it works fine. What I did not know before was the remote site needed to have the serial cable hooked up from the remote rig to the Kenwood TS-480. Tom WR7AGT who owns the site and Mike KB8ML each have a remote rig and a control head at thier respective homes and that works fine.  We will go to the site and plug in a serial cable from the remote rig to the radio and do the settings so I can log in with PC Client. 

It would have nice to know this when I ordered the PC Client/Dongle. Had instructions been included it would have been a simple setup for a PC Client user if they knew the remote site was setup with serial cable so PC Client can be used.

Whew - that was easy once I got the information. I am going to have fun..

Bill K7MT Helena, Mt.
http://www.k7mt.com  Is my small web site for ham radio and I will put pictures and story on my web site about the Remoterig setup for all my Ham friends to see..

roland

« Reply #5 on: 2013-06-02, 23:32:41 »
I agree that instructions could be better and will take a look into how to make that better