Author Topic: Show uptime in Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds instead of just Seconds  (Read 5062 times)

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
Would it be possible to include in one of the future firmware updates the "Uptime" value on the "Info" page to show Days, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds instead of just Seconds?

Thanks for your kind consideration.

73 Marvin VE3VEE

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Good idea! We will try to fix that in some future release.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
Jan, it's not really a matter of "fixing" something, as of course nothing is broken, but modifying it would help making it easier to read by humans :-)

Thanks much, and I love RemoteRig!

P.S. I just set up my 1st remote a week ago, at a location 40 milometers from home, and I'm watching my "uptime" now to help me judge the reliably of the setup. I have to divide the value by 60, and then again by 60 (too much work) :-)

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jan, it's not really a matter of "fixing" something, as of course nothing is broken, but modifying it would help making it easier to read by humans :-)
You should not take my way of expressing so literally  ;) To me the use of "fix" as word is not only as in "repair" but also more generally when "carrying out an action". But since English is my second language and my first language Swedish has fewer words than English there might very well be nuances in words which are hard to distinguish ;)

The original use of Uptime was more like to see if the RRC had rebooted itself not long ago, so therefore seconds were used  :)

It's great to hear that you are pleased with the RemoteRig stuff!  ;D

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Would it be possible to include in one of the future firmware updates the "Uptime" value on the "Info" page to show Days, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds instead of just Seconds?

Thanks for your kind consideration.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
BTW, you are aware of that Uptime means time elapsed since last reboot? Not time being connected to the other peer.

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
Understood.

Thanks,

73 Marvin VE3VEE