Author Topic: Multiple user mode with one remote radio..is it possible?  (Read 4735 times)

HA7GN

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello Guys.. is it possible to operate the same remote station by more than one control radio? The current setup is a yaesu twin RRC with 2 x FT2000. If a friend (or more) would like to access my station; with their control RRC and own FT2000 would that work? What are the limitations? Are they able to connect at the same time? What happens if TX-ing at the same time? Does it allow user2 at all to connect if remote is already busy with user1?
thanks for feedback.

73/DX
Gabor
HA7GN

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Multiple user mode with one remote radio..is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-21, 16:04:50 »
Hi Gabor,

That is no problem to have as many users as you want, each has to have their own control
RRC and rig (in the case of Yaesu Twin). If you want users without the rigs, they can access
using the RRC Micro PC Client with a software such as HRD.

The only caveats:
- Only one user can access the station at a time (others will get a busy signal), so make sure you
have a way to kick them off if necessary (e.g. using RRC's web page or an IP power switch).
- For multiple users, look at a coordination method. I have had up to about 10 users on one
system without a problem using Google Docs.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

HB9ODP

• View Profile
    • My RemoteRig
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-04, 17:09:07 »
Hello, ok, not possible using the radio display on 'second client', but no way to listen on two side? Like a VoIP conference?
RRC V1, TS-480, KAM, MFJ Automatic Tuner, G5RV

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-04, 17:16:48 »
That has been an open request for a few years  ;)

Here is one thread:
http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=755.msg2922#msg2922

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX