Author Topic: PTT in FTDX3000D  (Read 5486 times)

K9SO

• View Profile
PTT in FTDX3000D
« on: 2013-09-30, 13:03:44 »
I've been trying to get this to work with my new FTDX3000D. Everything seems to work. I connect, get good audio and can key (CW) when the radio is set for break-in operation from the CONTROL unit paddle...

I've been running with ICOM IC746PRO for months without an issue.

But as soon as I plug in the mic connector into the Yaesu radio, the radio keys in transmit. The RADIO unit mic strapping has been checked and double checked. I remove the RADIO unit microphone straps one at a time. When I remove the GROUND strap, the radio unkeys. The radio keys with only the GROUND strap installed and no others.

I'm using the factory cable for the mic connector.

This one has me stumped. Can you assist?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: PTT in FTDX3000D
« Reply #1 on: 2013-09-30, 22:49:37 »
Hi

what do you mean by using the factory cable ? from us ? It looks like you have cable where PTT and Ground are shifted. Check that you have placed the red straps correct, it has happen that people have turned the box 180 degrees before putting the straps in place.

73 de mike

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-01, 06:51:07 »
Is it the right cables then ? There are 3 different types, One for Icom, one for Yaesu, and one for Kenwood/Elecraft. The one for Yaesu should have Yellow marks.

73 de mike

K9SO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-10-01, 17:27:23 »
Sometimes, mindsets get in the way of rationality. Mine was that since you had a microphone matrix, you were using the same connection cables. The cable was indeed wired for ICOM which, when plugged into a YAESU radio, will key the PTT lead. File this under the RTFM category.

I wired up a new cable and all is working well. Thanks for your rapid support.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-10-01, 20:07:15 »
 ;)
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.