Author Topic: WiFi RRC config through phone 3G Access Point  (Read 13139 times)

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: WiFi RRC config through phone 3G Access Point
« Reply #15 on: 2013-11-07, 13:37:48 »
Standard ports where used, but it doesn't matter. As long as you do not get steady green PWR lamp no trafic are sent over the 13000-13002 ports. It's just standard DHCP negotiations, DNS requests etc.

You can test to set DHCP=1 and a fixed IP address in the SIP contact field. If you then get steady green PWR lamp it's the DNS request which fails.

if you still get blinking LED it's the DHCP negotiation which fails, and then it's Phone issue, nothing concerning the mobile operator.

73 de mike

SV1DH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: 2013-11-07, 18:57:32 »
Hi Mike.
I followed your latest advice and the RRC control unit is now working fine via LUMIA 800 and connected to radio (using ports 13000-13002).
The main issue I think was that I had to delete the IP etc static values, used for my home router, on all the fields below DHCP one, since phone is now giving IP on different net, the RRC was connected to phone but the PWR led was still blinking.
Then I tryed the fixed IP of radio location in the SIP contact field and the PWR led stop now blinking (after approx. 30 blinks!) and connection to radio site estabished.
So, my remaining issue is how to overcome the DNS request rejection by phone and/or GSM provider?
Once again asking for your advice...
73 Costas
SV1DH

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2013-11-08, 08:20:28 »
Connect to the RRC with the setup manager and check what ip settings you get from the Phone. Then disable the DHCP and enter those ip addresses as fixed but try to use set a different DNS server, you can try with Goggle DNS = 8.8.8.8 and see if it works then with a hostname as SIP contact.

73 de mike

SV1DH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: 2013-11-08, 19:50:53 »
Hi Mike.
I follow ur last advice and the control RRC WiFi is now connected to INET via WINPHONE INET sharing and to radio RRC FB, getting DNS resolve of radio site hostname OK.
The funny thing is that same smartphone sharing INET to a PC is DNS resolving the same host name of the radio site straight forward...
Tnx again.
73 Costas
SV1DH