Author Topic: RRC1258 seems to be dead after Firmware upload PLEASE HELP  (Read 5014 times)

do1hdr

• View Profile
Hello Everyone,

I have a new RemoteRig since today. The TRX Side is ready for use (I hope:-)) but I have a BIG problem with the Controll RRC.

First everything works. Then I set a PW for the HTTP acces, after that I cant log in anymore. Maybee I wrote down a wrong username or maybee type 2 time the same wrong passwort, I am not sure what happen.... strange!!

Ok, first I tried to flash the firmware. Of course no sucsess. Then I read I can reset the device with push the bottun 30seconds. I did that.

NOW the problem is, I cant connect anymore with the Web interface or via USB with the software to the device. The PWR
It seems like the Device software is not ok?

I see that maybee the miniUSB connector is broken? I see there only 3pins and I am note sure but it looks like the 4.one is broken and in the back...

Can it be that the device is flashed only a half? Is there a Way to flash the Device via COM1?
If not I have to change the USB plug maybee? I want to use my trx in th evening :(

many thanks dirk do1hdr
Modify message

I configurated my router now to default 192.168.0.1 and I can go to the RRC via LAN now! That means fireware updatet is ok but I think the mini USB Port is broken?
« Last Edit: 2013-11-13, 05:54:21 by do1hdr »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: RRC1258 seems to be dead after Firmware upload PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: 2013-11-13, 08:25:15 »
I have never heard of a USB connector with a broken pin. But it's a standard USB mini cable which you probaly have a bunch of already in your house, and which you can test with. And as you say you do not need it to setup the unit, as you can do all settings from the webinterface. I can of course send you a new cable but you do not get it this evening.

73 de mike

pd0swl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-11-20, 17:23:56 »
Oops, sorry, that is not entirely true ;-)

I reported a bad usb chassis assembly on my first RRC pair.
In my case USB functionality was intermittent until I corrected one pin of the USB chassis.
This may be someting to check, have a good look if all 4 pins are well connected to the board.
In my unit one pin was slightly bent and "floating" to its PCB contact point.

Hapilly this indeed is a big exception.
(and since then my 4 RRC's have worked absolutely flawlessly for some years now, so don't worry :-)

73!
Paul
PD0PSB
« Last Edit: 2013-11-20, 17:56:37 by pd0psb »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-11-20, 22:09:44 »
I do not think we are talking about the same thing, yours was a bad soldering. In this case I think he means that a pin in the connector seen from the front is broken

73 de mike

do1hdr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-11-29, 04:53:02 »
it is not the cable.

the usb socket is definatly damaged. I see only 3 pins. I think it is mechanical damaged. Maybe it is happende because of a bad plug.....

now everything is working excapt the usb socket. maybe I will change it later ...

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2013-11-29, 11:06:25 »
If you want to change it by yourself, I can send you a connector

/mike