Author Topic: System doesn't come alive anymore  (Read 12366 times)

ik5zve

• View Profile
System doesn't come alive anymore
« on: 2014-02-23, 17:44:33 »
Sirs,
i post this message since i have something wrong in the system that cannot solve by myself. :(
I start saying that i recently changed the router in the remote location where i have a 706 and all the rig, lying there alone in a cold room in my country house.
the router's been checked online by a friend who said the system should be ok, since the door are properly forwarded and all the router setups are correctly made. (thanks M.  8))
now, what i cannot understand is WHY the system didn't come alive again, and i post a video showing what i get when i push the button POWER on my 706's front panel in here at home.
I also include an export .html(.pdf) of both the terminals.

Can anyone give his own opinion? (or hints, or even offense... due to my ignorance in subject?  ;D) Something is wrong but can't figure out what.

I will appreciate ANY help,
Denis, IK5ZVE

denis.innocenti/at/gmail.com
« Last Edit: 2014-02-24, 17:56:36 by ik5zve »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: System doesn't come alive anymore
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-24, 08:42:23 »
Is it your intention to have DHCP enabled on the Radio-RRC? Its IP address is 192.168.0.5 and not 192.168.0.228 if that is what you have used when forwarding the ports.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

ik5zve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-24, 18:00:36 »
Is it your intention to have DHCP enabled on the Radio-RRC? Its IP address is 192.168.0.5 and not 192.168.0.228 if that is what you have used when forwarding the ports.
Jan,
that's what i did in the previous configuration on the router and repeated on this new one: assigned the RadioRRC the address x.x.0.5 on the local net.
It should work, since it did before.
But...

(thanks for the appreciated answer)

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-02-25, 08:11:49 »
OK. As long as the forwarded ports go to 192.168.0.5 at least that part should be in order.

Have you checked the status pages on both the control and radio RRC? (Just after attempting to connect)

ik5zve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-02-25, 19:59:36 »

Have you checked the status pages on both the control and radio RRC? (Just after attempting to connect)
That's what i get...
seems like radio doesn't switch on (i think) but: i check the 706 in the remote location with the front panel and it works.

Thanks once more, Jan.

:)

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2014-02-26, 15:09:06 »
The control-RRC has this status:

Connection status Disconnected
SIP status Idle
RTP/UDP audio status Disconnected
UDP cmd status Disconnected

while the radio-RRC has this:

Connection status OK
SIP status Connected/transfering
RTP status Excellent(60)
UDP cmd status OK(33)

How soon after the connection attempt did you screen dump the status pages? I am asking because it looks strange that the radio-RRC consider itself being connected while the control-RRC does not.

Also, check if the numbers within () are decreasing and finally becomes 0 after the connection attempt as that means failure to maintain/start the data transfer.

ik5zve

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-02-27, 14:53:58 »
Thanks for you patience, Jan
here attached are 3 shots of the radio side i got just checking in site what was happening
I left the system home ON, like "on beep tone" heard and radio-frontal mute/dead with the yellow LAN light steady (control side)
I took occasion of a visit to the remote site and found same situation: LAN (AUX/MIC) yellow light steady and took 3 export shots
in sequence you can see what happened after a while i was there; The first one with LAN (AUX/MIC) light steady, the second while the the 2 LAN light were steady on and the bird one with lights off.
Is any other test needed?
I also check the power source wires... just in case, but the were not faulty.
 :(
D.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2014-02-27, 15:52:25 »
Hi

I tried to browse the Radio-RRC from here, no contact, have you forwarded the ports correct, in your router ?

80 tcp
13000,13001,13002 udp

Mike

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2014-02-27, 16:13:20 »
Mike jumped in and suggested that we try to connect from here as we do not see something wrong as such with the configs.

ik5zve

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-02-27, 16:50:21 »
Mike jumped in and suggested that we try to connect from here as we do not see something wrong as such with the configs.

i sent u a private mail, so u can have look inside

ik5zve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-07-20, 21:14:11 »
Here i am again;
after few months, two deployments in Afghanistan and several other works around, i can breathe a little bit again and dedicate myself to our lovely hobby.
I still have tons of frustrations since the RR doesn't work anymore and i am too much newbie, unable to find a solution.

Well, i took an other screenshot, the port forwarding set of my remote router and my house one; i also took a pic of the radio control page and radio page while attempting the connection and when both are idle.
I attach also a screenshot of my home location (remote router) internet speed.
So, if ANYONE is able to give some hints, suggestions, donations, or whatever in order to let me get back my sleep during the night (instead of thinking and crying about the malfunction...) i will be really happy...

Open to any suggestions...
yours, desperately  8)
Denis, IK5ZVE
« Last Edit: 2014-07-20, 21:24:59 by ik5zve »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2014-07-20, 22:58:35 »
I assume you have tested all at the same LAN so you know that it works that way. I can see that the Control RRC can not resolve DNS hostnames, that means that you have set the DNS IP wrong in the Control-RRC. If you do not find out what it should be you can test use 8.8.8.8.

DNS must work otherwise DDNS doesn't work either

73 de mike

ik5zve

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-07-20, 23:12:09 »
it's already 8.8.8.8
 >:( :'(

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: 2014-07-20, 23:29:11 »
Hi you did not answer if you have tested with both RRCs on the same LAN ?

I have no problem to resolve your DDNS hostname with 8.8.8.8 DNS so your Control side router must do something wrong

If you now the IP of the Radio-RRC router you can temporarily use it as SIP-contact IP then no DNS is needed.

I can see that the DDNS is updated a few days ago so that parts works but I can not browse the RRC at port 8000 so the portforwarding is not working properly or the ip has changed. Have you set port 8000 as TCP ?, and 13000,13001,13002 to UDP ?

73 de mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: 2014-07-21, 14:26:49 »
Denis,

If you haven't already, get a copy of my networking checklist. This should help you identify where
you have a problem. Just e-mail me at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send it to you.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX