Author Topic: Connecting Serial CAT for Logging software control site Yaesu 857 TWin  (Read 4761 times)

Gerryb

• View Profile
I am sure I am missing something very simple but how do you achieve this?  That is  have CAT data available to the PC at the the control end for logging software or even HRD

My PC does not have a serial port so using the USB port.  I also have USB serial converter if needed as well

Yaesu 857 Twin standard config working very well with head of transceiver at control site.

The PC does seem to see the remotrig controller on port 31.    I just cannot get this to work using COM1 both ends, same baud rate etc and using USB as com1.

Gerry

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Hi

I recomend to you use com2, there is a example of settings and cables in the Manual.  Be aware that the RS-232/TTL interface must be a Yaesu orginal CT-62 or another one which is powered from the FT-857 or from external power. Pirat adapters which are powered from the serial port is not working.

73 de mike

Gerryb

• View Profile
I suspected as much.  The CAT data derived from the front panel TTL at the radio end is not available for COM ports to use at the control end?  You have to use the DIN to RS232 CT-62 (which I have) on COM2.   But as I use the DIN socket on the 857 for the tuner I will need to patch COM1 to the tuner DIN, and the tuner will need external power as well. 

I need to set up my 857 as if an 897...

Gerry

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Yes

The front panel-Radio protocol totaly different from the CAT protocol so you need a to connect a com port to the CAT jack also.
If the tuner has a RS-232 interface you can connect it to RRC com1 and setup com1 to mode 6 or 7 then the RRC will handle the connection for both the PC and the tuner.

73 de mike