Author Topic: K3/0 SIP Establishment Problem  (Read 4373 times)

N6NR

• View Profile
K3/0 SIP Establishment Problem
« on: 2014-06-18, 02:25:43 »
I just just updated my K3/0 to 4.86.  I now have a link establishment problem with the remote radio 40 miles away via the Internet.  The radio turns on, passes audio, but the display stops updating with 7150 in VFO A and TERM in VFO B.  The front panel buttons have no affect as well.  The radio did connect properly on a couple of occasions, but most of the time it fails as I just described.  When I was running 4.67 everything worked flawlessly.  I should mention that the RemoteRig units at both ends are running 2.78, 1.10, and 4.62.

Has anyone else had the same problem?  If so, what was the fix, if any?

73 de Rick, N6NR

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: K3/0 SIP Establishment Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-18, 08:34:24 »
Hi

A typical issue for Elecraft if you have updated the radio. Check with Brandon.

/mike

N6NR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-06-18, 18:38:23 »
Brandon is already working on it.  He's trying to duplicate the problem in his lab.  I just thought I would send out a post here just in case anyone else is having the same problem and might have a solution.  I was hoping that some form of packet jitter or character buffer setting might fix it.  I'm just not that knowledgeable on the settings in the RemoteRig boxes.

73 de Rick, N6NR

N6NR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-06-20, 02:10:34 »
Hi Mike, Brandon figured it out.  The problem was caused by a conflict between the RRC-1258 and LP Bridge 2 that I have connected to COM 1.  I was lazy and was not disconnecting LPB2 from the RemoteRig box before/after shutdown.  That was what was causing the SIP failure.  Also, by running COM 1 at 38400, it was also causing the tuning of the radio to lag behind the dial on the front of the K3/0.  He has suggested that I slow COM 1 down to 9600 baud.  I won't be able to do that until my next trip to the club station (120 mile round trip).  I 'll get that done during Field Day, which is just around the corner.  For now I'll just live with the lag.  Oh, and by the way, the upgrade from MCU 4.67 to 4.86 had nothing to do with the problem at all.  I just so happened that I did the firmware upgrades on the same day that I installed LPB2.  See?  There really are coincidences after all, HI.

73 de Rick, N6NR