Author Topic: Nano RRC  (Read 7135 times)

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Nano RRC
« on: 2014-09-29, 09:52:37 »
Hi
Did anyone tried  the new nano using a dyndns IP  ??

Ziv
« Last Edit: 2014-09-29, 10:46:31 by Jan (Microbit) »

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Nano RRC
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-29, 11:46:57 »
Hi Ziv,

1) The IP address or dynamic DNS address is in the RRC's SIP contact field and not on the hardware that is attached
to the RRC. In other words, it is irrelevant to the RRC which hardware is used (e.g. K3/100, K3/0 or K3/0 mini).

2) The IP address used by the RRC in its SIP contact field needs to point to the network where the radio RRC is
located. This doesn't make any difference whether it is a dynamic DNS address or the "real" external IP address.
This also means that if you have more than one device connected to the outside, e.g. RRC, Webswitch, serial
server,etc., then you only need to activate one, single dynamic DNS address and can leave all other devices
not enabled. The various devices are reached by using the "real" external IP number or the dynamic DNS address
alias and uses port numbers (via router port forwarding) to reach the intended device within the network.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-29, 14:16:44 »
Hi Mitch

As always you are jumping to help. Thanks!! I was trying to install but nono GUI is as for SIP password. I was looking at Radio rrc and sip password field is empty. (ts-480 working prefect without it  :)

Also is the ts-480 need to be on to work with nano?

Ziv

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-29, 14:33:57 »
Hi Ziv,

The TS-480 has nothing to do with the K3 RRC, it doesn't matter whether it is on or off, it
will have no influence.

The radio RRC will never have a SIP contact, since that is used by the control side to reach
the radio RRC. The field you are looking for is the dynamic DNS address on the radio RRC,
Note that you can use the one you have already for the TS-480 RRC if you want, assuming
it is has power and is on the same network. You take this address and plug that into the SIP
contact field in the control RRC.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2014-09-29, 14:37:29 »
Hi

If you have set up the TS-480 in mode5 to work with controlpanel, you have to connect a Serial cable from com2 to the radio CAT port, and setup the com2 settings to match the radio (baudrate = 9600 etc.). The radio will be switched on/off automatically via the CAT protocol/cable.

/mike

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2014-09-29, 14:52:37 »
Hi Mitck / Mike

RRC is connected to radio in com 2 it is also my CAT for mixw software.

but nano still not working..

In the Nano gui sip feild i need to enter http://xxx,dyndnsxxx or just xxx.dyndns.xxx and leave radio sip pass empty?

ziv 

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2014-09-29, 14:58:38 »
Oops, I just realized you were asking about the Android software the whole time, I for some reason thought
you were asking about the K3 Mini (nano, mini, what's the difference?  :-[ )

So some of my points were not that relevant and I hope I didn't confuse you there. I thought this was a
separate K3 installation to the TS-480. I need more sleep.

Like Mike says, you just need to have CAT working on the radio side by connecting the serial cable between
the RRC's COM2 and CAT on the TS-480 and set the CAT rate to match in the TS-480.

The SIP address to be entered is without http://. The password is the one you may have entered in the
radio RRC under the radio settings page.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2014-09-29, 15:09:43 »
Ni

no problem... :-) But now all is ok. My sip password is empty and i left it empty. Its is working fine.

Great toy. Thank you RRC team

Ziv

pd0swl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nano RRC basic questions
« Reply #8 on: 2014-09-30, 12:20:37 »
Hi,

Good to see you are developing more for the android platform!

Basic newbie questions:
-Does the Android app connect directly to the remote radio RRC?
-Or do you still need a server computer on the radio end?
-If so, since the server is an "app", I assume an Android computer is needed at the radio end?
-Can you run both the normal RRC and a nano server at the radio end?

I can't really visualize a schematic yet how this nano system works and integrates with an existing RRC installation.

Paul
PD0PSB

« Last Edit: 2014-09-30, 12:23:08 by pd0psb »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2014-09-30, 12:27:21 »
Hi

The App connects direct to the Radio-RRC. It works the same way as RRC-Micro.

You can use both the boxed and App based system without any changing of the radio-RRC settings. The Radio-RRC adapt to the RRC-Nano in the same way as it does to the RRC-Micro.

/mike

pd0swl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2014-09-30, 12:39:35 »
Great!

Very nice addition to the RRC family.
Also opens new possibilities for the "headless" radios.

Hope to test a IC7100 version in the future.

Tnx,73
Paul
PD0PSB