Author Topic: Remote Rig with multiple radios including ANAN Radios/PowerSDR mrX  (Read 6718 times)

Conrad G0RUZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Many people have told me the remote rig hardware makes a very good job of handling audio and cw latency issues. I have a ping time that is around 23ms. Upload speed at each end of the link is at least 10Mb/s and download at both ends never drops below 28 Mb/s and is often in excess of 35Mb/s. I have been using RemAud but I am not entirely satisfied with it.

I want to control 3 different set-ups - obviously not at the same time.

• Icom IC756 Pro
  • Icom IC7400 (746 Pro)
  • Apache ANAN-10 with PowerSDR mrX
I am prepared to buy 3 x Radio RRC and 1 x Control RRC. Presumably I can just use different IP address settings for each Radio RRC?

As for control of the 3 radios I will use Ham Radio Deluxe (or something better if I find it) to issue the CAT commands, I will view the waterfall using team viewer when using the ANAN-10. My main interest is to be able to key the radio at reasonable cw speeds and to have good quality low latency audio.

Is there any reason I cannot do this?

I'd be really interested to hear from anyone using Remote Rig HW with any ANAN radio

Regards

Conrad G0RUZ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Hi with 10Mbit/s it's no problem to do what you have planned

/mike

Conrad G0RUZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks Mike.

Are you aware of anyone using the RRC 1258 MkIIs hardware with ANAN radios, or even with PowerSDR? I am not sure how best to implement this.

Also is there can I have email notification when there is a reply or new post in a topic that I have posted to or subscribed to?

Conrad G0RUZ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Hi

I know people using Flex-radio but not ANAN. With all SDR radio you have the same need of direct connection to a PC so you can only use the Remoterig system to transfer the mic/ptt and speaker audio, CW/RTTY keying, etc.

Yes you can get notifications from the forum, isn't there a "notify" button ?

/mike