Author Topic: No Windows Drivers (Win 7 64 bit) seem to be discovered or installed  (Read 4251 times)

WO7R

• View Profile
Just got my RRC 1258 Mk II and plugged in the USB port. I have not set any jumpers yet.  I was just going to do the base configuration first.

I DO NOT want to do this via LAN since it has the wrong default 192.168.0.x network (why does ham gear do that instead of DHCP???) because it is a major disruption for me to even temporarily change it to that base.

And, I need USB function eventually anyhow.

Well, to make a long story short, the device comes up in "troubleshoot" mode because there are no drivers and Windows can't find any.

What's next?

WO7R

• View Profile
PS this fails for both the "control" and "radio" versions of the device.  Same problem.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I assume you have installed Microbit Setup Manager? Either way, since both RRCs behave the same have you tried another USB cable and/or another computer?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
You do not need any USB cable at all. The setup can be done from Setup Manager via LAN, that's also the way to do it which is described in the later versions of the manual. It doesn't matter what IP addresses you use.

73 de mike

WO7R

• View Profile
OK, when I installed the Microbit utility, all went well,  I suppose this is world of Duh but I did manage to get the order wrong and now all is well. 

Thanks!

It even does DHCP now so I can "rehearse" the setup either at home or the remote shack as well.

I can do this without problem because my router allows me to "fix" the result of DHCP for any given MAC, so I get the best of both worlds -- the devices are on DHCP and yet I get a fixed assignment in whatever network it is in).