Author Topic: New to nano but with some problems  (Read 5529 times)

ea4tv

• View Profile
New to nano but with some problems
« on: 2015-02-23, 20:22:28 »
Hello all,
I have just arrived to Nano with my FT950.

I have managed to listen some signals... I am doing tests via wifi.

The worst things are the following:

- SIP Error is too frecuent. It is more usual that I can't connect than I can do it. So I am usually switching my RRC-radio and killing all my applications in my phone to try again. Let's say, it sometimes work. The problem is in the RRC (or in Nano), not in the radio as it connected once with the radio off an, I heared some noise until I switched on the radio and normal audio came to my phone.
I would say this is the worst problem I have found as it prevents me to use the software in a 95% of the times.

- I am still not able to control the FT950 from the application, frequency is not shown and I usually can't activate the PPT. I did it once, but never more. It seems that I still don't have CAT working very well...
I set serial speed to 38k4, 9k6 and 4k8 with the same effect. (Obviously in radio & RRC).
Wich port should I use to connect the CAT to the radio? I used COM1.

- I am missing a "debug" window or anything I could use to debug and try to find the error... Yes, it is a mobile application... but I am a ham and I need to know :-)

It's been my first 2 hours with Nano, so maybe there are still some settings to be found, but right now with just 2 hours of testing , I would not say that the application is ready for the general public.

I will keep trying to use Nano as it is a VERY promising application but today I will continue trusting my FT-857 with the separated control panel when I want to remote control my rig.

Jaime, EA4TV

roland

Re: New to nano but with some problems
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-24, 08:18:33 »
Hi and thanks for your input.

SIP errors are usually not a problem. At least if what has come to our knowledge.
I could make some test from here against you equipment if you want to.

The reason you don't see any frequency (or can't control anything) is that the
serial data isn't working. I read that you are using COM1 and that will not work.
If you read the docs (here http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=2398) you will
find that COM2 is the one to use.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-24, 08:32:31 »
And as an addition to what Roland wrote: If SIP fails to connect it often works just by trying again.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

ea4tv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-27, 23:05:26 »
I have connected the COM2 as requested but I am having the same "SIP error" and I can't connect.

Just for your information...
If i start Nano for the first time after rebooting my Samsung S4 it crashes (nano) and android offers to send a report. I don't know if this is for you or for google, so I have not sent it.
It happens I would say 100% of times.

Second time I start Nano, it starts. I suppose that maybe something is not being started on the right order... But the fact is that once it starts, I can't connect to my rig from the mobile.

After reading the comment from Jan, today I tried to restart nano at least 20 times and clicked on "Connect" aprox 115 times (no kidding, I counted them). I connected 0 (zero) times so I could not use it.
100% of the times "SIP error" was shown. Not another error, just "SIP error".

I have noticed that it is not even checking the password and with a correct/blank/incorrect password the result is the same "SIP error".
Using the callsign in capital or lower letters is neither affecting this, nor using IP or hostname or changing UDP ports.

By the time being I have not been able to listen a signal properly.
Last 23th (last time I could use nano because of my spare time) I could connect 2-3 times but nothing since then.

I will be happy to provide you an address so you can connect to my remoterig to do some tests.

We just need to agree a time slot and I will set it for you. Please contact to my email for the details.

Thanks.

roland

« Reply #4 on: 2015-02-27, 23:19:25 »
Yes of course. It will be on Monday.
I will send you a mail.

ea4tv

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-02-27, 23:24:48 »
Now it's working... even CAT (4800bps)

I removed the firewall... I need to check my firewall as it may be theorigin of my problems, although it worked though the firewall last day :-?

Strange... obviously it needs more testing on my side. :-)

Thanks.

roland

« Reply #6 on: 2015-02-28, 12:18:11 »
Good to hear that you found the problem.
Keep in touch if there is anything else.