Author Topic: Nano Service not on Play Store  (Read 14400 times)

wb9ayd

• View Profile
Nano Service not on Play Store
« on: 2015-02-26, 21:18:25 »
I was able to grab the Nano-K for my TS-480  but not the Nano-Service Service app from Play Store. I am loading it on to  a new Samsung Tab S which is running 4.4.2. Any thoughts on its compatability on the S version? It is working fine on a Samsung S3 phone using Open Tunnel VPN and on the older tablet. thanks for the help.

Gary

wb9ayd

• View Profile
Re: Nano Service not on Play Store
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-26, 21:56:16 »
Update-I see that the Samsung S-Tab is not compatible with the Service app. The Kenwood app is though. Will there be a version available soon? I'll be happy to be a beta if needed.

Gary

roland

« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-27, 08:31:25 »
This is how it works.
The Service is handling all SIP and VOIP and can only be installed on a phone that support both of them.
The App does not have to deal with either of those things as it just sends requests for calls to the service,
and then the service is actually doing all SIP and VOIP in the background.

Apparently you phone doesn't support SIP or VOIP. Not much we can do about that :(

wb9ayd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-27, 21:29:12 »
How do I know if it works if it isn't listed in Play Store for me to install? The four radio specific apps are there, not the service. That is the root problem, not my devices.

roland

« Reply #4 on: 2015-02-27, 22:07:03 »
- None of the radio specific apps will work without having the service installed as they use the service for SIP calling and VOIP audio
- The service must be installed no matter which radio specific app is used. It handles the SIP and VOIP audio between the RRC and the installed App.
- The service will only install on a phone which supports both SIP and VOIP

So there is no meaning to install the radio specific app if you can't install the service as its the service who do most of the work. The radio specific apps do not use SIP or VOIP them self as the just communicate with the service, which then does the actual communication work (SIP & VOIP).

When I say that you device apparently doesn't support SIP or VOIP, I mean your phone and not the RRC device. There are some models and brands that has SIP and VOIP disabled. If the service isn't listed in Google Play that means that your phone does not support SIP or VOIP. The radio specific apps will be listed as they don't need SIP or VOIP, only the service does.

I will try to find out how to make this more clear on our website. Maybe the best thing would be to force the radio specific apps to be dependent of SIP and VOIP also  (although they actually are not). That way they would not be listed either for a phone without the SIP and VOIP support.

« Last Edit: 2015-02-27, 22:09:44 by Roland (Microbit) »

wb9ayd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-02-28, 05:12:53 »
I understand that the radio specific apps don't manage SIP and VOIP. This is a tablet, not a phone. It worked on a Samsung Tab 2 tablet but is not compatible on the Samsung Tab S tablet. I have it working on a Samsung S3 phone just fine even though I have to use Open Tunnel to get past the Verizon port limits. I get it that if the service can't be downloaded then the radio app is useless. I will have to research why the Samsung S tablet doesn't support SIP and VOIP which is very strange.

roland

« Reply #6 on: 2015-02-28, 12:27:53 »
Hi again.

I checked around a bit about the differences between Samsung Tab2 and TabS and it seems that (as you described) VOIP is supported on Tab2 but not on TabS

wb9ayd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-03-01, 03:07:33 »
Thanks Roland, I suspected that was my problem. Guess I'll keep the old 2 for a while!

Gary

wb9ayd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-03-16, 14:17:34 »
Roland, can another Android app like csipsimple fill the gap to provide the necessary voip server for the Nano K? Could Nano K point to another voip/sip app in cases like this?

Thanks for your comment. I love using this app on a tablet.

Gary

roland

« Reply #9 on: 2015-03-16, 15:02:23 »
I'm afraid that what you suggest is not possible as we add some extra information needed by the RRC-box, into the voip-data stream

wb9ayd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2015-04-02, 02:38:48 »
Could the app CSipSimple be used? It looks to be extremely flexible.

oh6eec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2015-04-03, 12:31:33 »
I just got a Nexus 9 tablet and SIP/VoIP stack is disabled. I can not use nano software with my new tablet.

I had same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, but I installed cyanogenmod android and got SIP/voice stack enabled.

I think that native SIP/voice stack is disabled in many android based devices. Is there any workaround for this problem? Could you implement third party SIP stack to nano server and not to use native android SIP stack?

This is seems to be real issue for many nano users.

roland

« Reply #12 on: 2015-04-03, 12:38:40 »
I can see the problem. All I can say at the moment is that we will have a look at it and see what can be done

w1asb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2015-04-12, 05:19:16 »
Hi
After reading whole post and I'm still not getting if SIP and VOIP is needed for device to work with Nano Service how come my Galaxy S5 is working I did check same web as Roland had his screen shoots and found that in Galaxy S5 VOIP it's not supported. With all I just said last Friday I picked brand new Galaxy S6 and got same situation I only saw your 4 applications except Nano service after reading this post I went to Verizon store and looked for phone that shows 5 applications this was not enough for me so I downloaded from goggle play store Nano service and Nano K while in the store and  I type my sip info and I was back in the business after that I returned my new phone (you have to see the face of salesman when he exchange new S6 for S5) I think would be really great to have some sort of guide for devices supported Nano application .Now Galaxy S5 is running on KitKat is upgrading to Lolipop OS will affect Nano application ?
Thanks
Adam

roland

« Reply #14 on: 2015-04-13, 10:34:18 »
I'm running 5.1 on my Nexus 5 without problems, so that should work