Author Topic: K3/0 mini and K3/100 volume control setting  (Read 5195 times)

K1UO - Larry

• View Profile
    • Email
K3/0 mini and K3/100 volume control setting
« on: 2015-04-25, 18:57:30 »
This may be a non issue but Im not used to getting blasted by a high audio volume  when the volume control is only at about 7-8 O'clock level on the K3.   The AGC is on in the radio but there seems to be a real excess of volume since I'm used to having the comfortable audio level on the K3 set around 10:00 O'clock level.
Is there a setting in the RRCs that can adjust this possibly?  If so , I have missed that option.  Then again... maybe its a setting in the K3 I have missed.

Thanks
Larry  K1UO

K1UO - Larry

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: K3/0 mini and K3/100 volume control setting
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-27, 02:18:02 »
I did find a K3 Config file for the audio amp adjustment.  Hi (where it was set) and Lo audio volume where I now have it set has helped.  Im going to "assume" there is NO adjustment for RX audio level in the RRC1258 units.

Regards
Larry  K1UO

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-04-27, 19:54:12 »
Larry  Wherever you have manually set the Remote K3 volume control is the volume control setting that is used when you first connect.  If it is too loud, turn the Remote K3 volume control down.  It must be done at the remote site, but once done, it will always start at that level.  Dennis W1UE

K1UO - Larry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-04-29, 21:47:51 »
Thanks Dennis...It was the remote end volume level that somehow got turned up and left that way!  DUH.

w9ac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-05-22, 04:11:27 »
The speaker level on my K3-Mini is WAY too loud - even after the initial connect.  Turning down the level in RRC will not only bring the speaker level down but also the headphones.  However, audio through the headphones is excellent and at the right AF control setting. 

This all means the amp driving the K3-Mini's speaker is running with far too much gain.  It's as if there's no negative feedback at all.  My plan is to go in and reduce the Mini's amp gain by lowering the feedback resistor values on both audio amp channels.  Doing so will also reduce the "digital grunge" heard coming out of the speaker. 

Paul, W9AC