Author Topic: Cannot connect-error says no call sign  (Read 4534 times)

troynm

• View Profile
Cannot connect-error says no call sign
« on: 2015-09-22, 08:52:18 »
When I try to connect using 1.3.2 it flashes down at the bottom of the screen "call sign is missing. Since I have a call sign entered I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm using the demo version I just downloaded. I can connect with the radio just fine using my remoterig here at the house so I know everything on the remote end is up and working properly.

Thanks,
Tom
W5GV

troynm

• View Profile
Re: Cannot connect-error says no call sign
« Reply #1 on: 2015-09-22, 23:51:23 »
I got it fixed. The interface is different than the one shown on the Nano web page. I figured out that after connecting I needed to swipe to the left to bring up the radio control page. As soon as I did that it started working.

troynm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-09-27, 02:38:21 »
I'm really enjoying the RRC- Nano. Looks like I will be purchasing the software when the next paycheck rolls in. I have a 7" LG tablet with 4G LTE cellular built in and it seems to work well with 4G and wireless although I haven't done extensive testing with 4G.

I like being able to lay in bed and search across the bands in the evenings. No dongle required, no laptop needed, no matter how small it is it can't beat a small tablet for getting on the air from the convenience of the dining table, your favorite chair, or from the bedroom. With 4G capability I can do it from Starbucks, a hotel room, or the porch of a vacation cabin.

I wish it had a few more features but I'm happy that it can do what it does. I wish there was a program to provide stand alone digital modes. There might be something using virtual ports and I just need to do some research. The PSK programs for Android that I can find so far use acoustic coupling but maybe they can be fooled using virtual ports and an app that provides greater control over the built in sound card.

Tom
W5GV

roland

« Reply #3 on: 2015-09-27, 11:45:48 »
I'm happy that you like it. Thanks :D