Author Topic: Running Remoterig over a 3G network... Here's what I have!  (Read 3339 times)

K0BUB

• View Profile
I am using a droid compatible phone with froyo 2.1, tethered using pdanet (droid app), the phone's USB cord, a Mac laptop (and the pdanet download for Mac), and another Mac for testing purposes.

I have verified that I have internet working on my laptop and on the other Mac via my laptop's usb cord and sharing internet from ethernet adapter (en4) to ethernet (under system preferences and sharing).

Okay, so... when i go to speedtest.net on my mac (which is where i intend to assign an ip address to one of the Remnoterig's), I get a TOTALLY different IP address than when I check the phone's IP address via Network Preferences (on the same laptop)!

The crux of my problem is in determining how to correctly assign the IP address, netmask, and gateway (dns obviously comes later).

i would really like to get Remoterig working via the tethering option on my droid compatible phone, knowing that port assignments are the next animal to deal with!

thank you!

73, Matt - K0BUB

ON4AOI

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Running Remoterig over a 3G network... Here's what I have!
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-02, 06:28:20 »
Matt,
this sounds normal to me because you have a wan and lan side
the phone is on the lan side and you can assign an IP(recommanded)
or let DHCP automatically assign one (MAC or PC.)
The IP you see on speedtest is the WAN IP and that is the correct one
then you need to forward the needed ports from the WAN SIDE to LAN SIDE

Guy ON4AOI