Author Topic: I get I get "It works! This is the default web page for this server. The web s  (Read 5019 times)

GM8WJK

• View Profile
    • Email
I had the units working perfectly for a day then I lost contact. I got a friend to check the radio unit and the ip address had changes so the router is clearly not updating the ip address at dyndns.org. Since I cannot return to the radio unit site for 2 weeks, I manually updated the ip address at dyndns, I then get:

"It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet."   

when I log into the radio unit over the internet.

Any suggestions?
Many thanks
Jim

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
The IP number is not correct, It's not the RRC, you are probably browsing a page from a web hotel somewhere.

73 de mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
I would suggest switching to the included Microbit dynamic DNS service. Since it works
straight from the RRC, you don't have to worry about flaky routers.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

GM8WJK

• View Profile
    • Email
Many thanks for the fast response. I'll wait untill I have access to my router again. I did try to set up the microbit dns initially but my router (BT Hub) did not have an option for Microbit  dns in its set up table so I had to go for dyndns.

Regards
Jim

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Many thanks for the fast response. I'll wait untill I have access to my router again. I did try to set up the microbit dns initially but my router (BT Hub) did not have an option for Microbit  dns in its set up table so I had to go for dyndns.

Regards
Jim
Our DynDNS system is not configured in your router, only in the RRC itself, which acts as a DynDNS client.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Jim,

Please read the manual pages 27-28 where it explains this.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX