Author Topic: rrc 1258 default password ?  (Read 6866 times)

cacolac

• View Profile
rrc 1258 default password ?
« on: 2016-02-11, 18:00:42 »
hello, I have a problem with one of my rrc 1258. After a remote reboot the radio control go to a default mode. A login password require to access web page configuration. In telnet access a passord require too.
It's the second time where i need to do a hard reset to configure again the radio control.
Somebody know the defaut password in this recovery mode ?
I cant do a hard reset each time on the remote location.
Thanks

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: rrc 1258 default password ?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-12, 08:49:01 »
There is no default password in recovery mode. What most likely has happened is that the internal flash memory which stores all settings, including the passwords, has been corrupted in such a way that the program thinks there is a password in use. Now that is something which happens very seldom as there is not only one but two copies of the settings stored in different areas in the flash memory. It implies either a faulty RRC or something in its environment which gives it a 'shock'. More likely the latter than the former. So I am afraid there is no other way out of that than doing a hard reset.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

cacolac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-12, 09:29:59 »
hello jan, before crash recovery i had in telnet this error :
HTTP: DoSending out of memory sending 569 bytes, connection=0
webserverPeriodics100ms: Connection timeout, closing connection 0
webserverPeriodics100ms: DoClose periodic clean, connection=0

Impossible to connect to web page configuration
73 ced

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-12, 09:49:02 »
If you are connecting via Telnet then more resources are used so such things might happen. But getting out of memory(RAM memory) is not connected in any way to facing a corrupt flash memory.

cacolac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-20, 17:27:18 »
hello, i have again the same problem. Impossible to access to web server ! It's possible to reboot the rrc1258 in telnet mode ?

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-22, 10:32:13 »
hello, i have again the same problem. Impossible to access to web server ! It's possible to reboot the rrc1258 in telnet mode ?
There is no "Telnet mode". The only possibility to remove the user/password from the web pages is to do a factory reset on the RRC.

LB4MI

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-12-09, 18:24:05 »
Hi,
sorry for opening old topic, but as it's 100% related to my follow up info/question;

I am supporting two separate Remoterig systems, both systems using RRC-1258 MkII on Yaesu 857d. All boxes running latest firmwares.

Independently of eachother, the "Login" issue has occured several times. And for no obvious reason. I add a picture of the my current remote-box that also now has a "Log in" button in the menu. Everything is working as it should at the moment, but I can't configure the remote box from the remote computer attached to it.

Are there still no workaround or fix possible for the issue? Or firmware upgrade that might close the issue? The remote system being...remote...it's time consuming travelling to do a full reset with the reset button.

See picture showing the current menu:

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2020-12-09, 19:19:33 »
It's important to set a secure password today. There are Internet robots searching for LINUX systems to hack, and if they found a Remoterig without password it looks like they set a password for future use. They may also try to crack the password if it's set. Often it result in very slow response from the RRC webserver or it will hang totally by overload.

When you go to the remotesite you can use Setup manager with USB cable and under the advanced tab you can select the terminal function to access the setup. press enter and then s and step forward until you find the password settings

73 de mike