Author Topic: Help with mode 6 ? Microham  (Read 2996 times)

OH2FT

• View Profile
Help with mode 6 ? Microham
« on: 2016-05-08, 11:39:01 »
Hi,

I have for years used with success Elecratft K3 and freeware HRD with mode 4 on COM0/COM2(logically parallel) and COM1 (mode 3) for transparent serial traffic for microham stack switch. Also OK as com 1 inactive. Latest SW in RRC, K3 and SMD.

Now I want to add microham box at radio side, and have CAT copy to it: tried K3 on radio side back RS232 (like before), but mode 6, to have  on radio side front RS232 (COM1) microham SMD, to it's cat plug. It works for a while, radio and SMD are communicating OK, but HRD at control side drops off after about 15 seconds, and needs to be started again, same result, halts quickly.

Original RS232 cable between RRC Radio- K3, on the back of RRC (COM 2). SMD was connected to the front.
What parameters should I have:

CONTROL SIDE
COM 0         Radio side program mode 4 ?
COM 1         inactive, 4 or 6 ?    (tried all, didn't work reliable)
COM 2         logically parallel with com 0 ?

REMOTE SITE
COM 0         Radio side program mode 4 ?
COM 1         6 (what is mode 11, not documented in the manual ?)
COM 2         logically parallel with com 0 ?

Do I need to swap com1 com2 cables at radio side ? in the settings menu (6) it's always com2 no com1 ?

Is this a too much polling issue in K3/hrd / microham ?
Or have I configured rrc boxed wrongly ?

I had double mobile at radio side, when testing, both rrc boxes had separate routers and different mobile providers.
HRD worked OK when COM 1 was inactive, and I think "copying" rig CAT to SMD locally at remote site should not add much traffic to mobile internet.

Joni OH2FT

OH2FT

• View Profile
Re: Help with mode 6 ? Microham
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-26, 19:12:27 »
Finally had time to solve the issue myself. Mode 6 now works at radio end, com0 to K3 and com 1 to microham SMD.
SMD itself drives ultrabeam and expert linear...

I never got mode 6 reliable with old freeware HRD, but TRX-manager seems to handle it without issues.

Joni OH2FT