Author Topic: RRC with multiple radios (TS480 and K3) possible?  (Read 3139 times)

w2up

• View Profile
    • Email
RRC with multiple radios (TS480 and K3) possible?
« on: 2016-11-06, 19:13:54 »
I currently remote into a station with a TS480.  I have the control head of the radio connected to a RRC 1258, with mic, etc.

I'd like to remote into another station that has a K3 connected via RRC.  I have a K3/100 as my home station (currently not connected to the RRC).  Given the different hardware/software configurations, mic pinouts, etc., is it possible to set up some kind of switching system to switch from the TS480 to the K3 for remote use?  If so, how?

Tnx,
Barry W2UP

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RRC with multiple radios (TS480 and K3) possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-07, 06:10:50 »
Barry,

The K3 uses COM2 to connect between the K3 at your location and the remote K3. The TS-480
uses COM0, which goes through the TTL jack for the remote control head. There is not really any
conflict, unless you use CAT for the TS-480, then you would need to swap serial cables or use a
simple serial switch. So basically it would mean setting-up an addition profile for the other radio in
the control RRC and just unplug the control head cable. That is how I do it with my portable RRC,
so that I can use either a K3 or TS-480.

Note that the microphone on the control side is whatever you decide to use and needs to be wired
accordingly. You could use the TS-480 microphone for the K3 plugged into the RRC.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX