Author Topic: no rx audio RTP/UTP stalled  (Read 3506 times)

chris g3yhf

• View Profile
no rx audio RTP/UTP stalled
« on: 2017-02-26, 17:15:18 »
This is new RRC1258 - when first setting up the RRCs at home everything worked 100% and also on my first remote operation.  But on returning home I have an intermittent problem. 

When switching on IC7100, using home LAN, everything is 100%.  But often if I switch off 7100 (leaving RRCs on) and then switch on again within a few minutes the 7100 control head comes to life, all features work but there is no RX audio.  Then 7100 switches off and on again automatically every 30 seconds, but the RX audio doesn't come back on.  Switching off RRCs and then switching back on again doesnt solve problem.  problem occurs whether using wifi or ethernet for control RRC.

However if I switch everything off for maybe an hour, i can switch back on and it works 100%. 

When this problem occurs radio RRC status shows everything is OK and i can hear audio on Radio RRC.  Control RRC status shows RTP/UTP audio stalled, but UDP cmd OK.  so i think switching rig off and then back on stops audio being streamed from Radio RRC.  All RRC settings are defaults (e.g. ping watchdog not enabled). 

Seems like some sort of timing issue caused by switching rig off and then on??  Any assistance welcome - I can see similar problems on Forum, but no solution to my difficulty!!

Really like Remoterig - excellent product and enables me to get on air from my alternate QTH (apartment with no possibilities of antennas!)

Chris G3YHF

Chris G3YHF

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: no rx audio RTP/UTP stalled
« Reply #1 on: 2017-02-27, 01:17:16 »
Hi Chris,

The problem is with your network/router, not the RRC.

I assume that you correctly forwarded the three UDP ports? Did you turn SIP ALG off? That could cause
that type of problem. You can also try turning the router's firewall completely off to see if that solves the
problem.

The problem could also be on the control side, so make sure that SIP ALG is also turned off there. Also
the firewall in some cases.

If all this doesn't help, try changing the UDP ports to something else, since there may be something
blocking one or more of them.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

chris g3yhf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-02-27, 19:40:45 »
Thanks Mitch - yes i've done all that and just redid to double check, and also looked at all the router functions to see if i can spot anything!  i have this problem when using both boxes on my LAN.  i will see if one of more tech-savvy members at my local club can take a look!  chris g3yhf   
Chris G3YHF

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-02-27, 19:44:56 »
Chris,

To be on the safe side, drop me a short mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you my networking
checklist. You may find something in there that you missed.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX