Author Topic: Audio Interruptions  (Read 1985 times)

HB9BJL

• View Profile
    • Email
Audio Interruptions
« on: 2022-12-04, 09:58:38 »
Hello,
For a few days I have audio interruptions. Moving the VFO or keying the radio brings the audio back. Is there a way to improve the audio reliability (ot the TOS setting) or to minimise the audio bandwith ? I do only CW, so audio quality is not an issue as long as the 500Hz tone gets through.
73 to all,
Christian, HB9BJL

wb7ely

• View Profile
    • WB7ELY
    • Email
Re: Audio Interruptions
« Reply #1 on: 2023-02-16, 16:23:11 »
Hello- I am experiencing similar problems. Audio-- (both xmit and receive) cuts out momentarily every 2-3 seconds. Feels almost like the radio-end router is too busy to only give me momentary attention. Also slow response of control panel knobs and functions is intermittent and then intermittently a complete disconnect.
Remote router and connections seem to be high quality but unable to know what exactly is happening on the radio-end 1900 miles away. This has been a stable config for four yrs. Here's a MP4 file of the problem FT-8 receiver audio: https://www.valhallatreefarm.com/WB7ELY/RRC/RRCaudio%20cutouts.mp4
Setup Details:
Radio TS-480
RRC 1258 latest 2.95 firmware.
Can I fool with the jitter buffer and delay to help this?
TKS de WB7ELY Dave
//Dave WB7ELY

HB9BJL

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Interruptions
« Reply #2 on: 2024-04-02, 15:11:57 »
Hello Dave

here is a bit more on the subject:
https://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=7930.0

My settings:
Radio settings: audio quality: 0 - alaw 8 kHz (sufficient for my use in CW)
Advanced settings: RX buffer size: 16, RX jitter delay: 15, Audio packet size 40 (ms)

I wonder if the IP type pf service setting (default: 0) may be optimised.

The TS-480 setup has a lot less interruptions than the my second one with twin TS-590s (IMHO a bit disappointing..)

73 de HB9BJL Christian