Author Topic: iPhone Hot spot connection  (Read 4538 times)

K9SO

• View Profile
iPhone Hot spot connection
« on: 2019-12-22, 16:42:48 »
I've seen other posts on this subject here but I've not seen any meaningful replies.

I can connect to my home Wifi network, other Apple devices and even Android hot spots easily but I cannot connect to my iPhone hot spot. In fact, often, the SSID does not even appear in the scan list ... even when other devices are connected to the hot spot and working properly.

I'm beginning to think there is some incompatibility between the RRC-1258's WiFi adapter and Apple.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Fred
K9SO

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: iPhone Hot spot connection
« Reply #1 on: 2019-12-22, 16:48:23 »
Fred,

The WiFi adapter for the RRC only works on the 2.4 GHz bank. You probably have the hotspot set to only 5.2 GHz.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX
« Last Edit: 2019-12-22, 18:48:28 by dj0qn »

K9SO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-01-05, 18:28:32 »
Thanks Mitch, I got it to connect to the iPhone hotspot now, but it still won't connect to my radios. I'm trying to use an IC-706 remote head link through a pair of RRC's. I've done this remotely and successfully for years but now I'm trying to connect via a Verizon hot spot.

I'm pretty sure I have the port forwarding done correctly and I can see the radio RRC webserver fine from outside my LAN. I'm also certain of the serial settings since it works on everything else other than Verizon.

I use my Verizon hotspot for my FlexRadio remote connections as well as my Icom radios via their RS-BA1 software. They work perfectly.  I just can't get these RRC's to connect.

My Control RRC setup is what is confusing me I think. When I connect it via Verizon, I can't see the web server and the Microbit setup manager I connect to it wants to see a DNS server, netmask and server settings.

Can anyone help with the control RRC settings?

Thanks and 73,
Fred
K9SO

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-01-05, 20:08:21 »
Hi Fred,

If it works from everywhere else and not from Verizon, then there is something with them that is
blocking you. I don't know Verizon, so I can't really help you, but make sure that you are not using
port 5600 for SIP and make sure that SIP ALG is turned off in the router if an option.

Otherwise, maybe someone else that uses Verizon can chime in.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX