Author Topic: K3 twin, remote power-on  (Read 2337 times)

N5NYM

• View Profile
K3 twin, remote power-on
« on: 2020-01-10, 20:45:29 »
I am setting up a new K3 twin setup and just getting started with both radios in the shack and on the same LAN before moving the control setup off site.  The control K3 seems to be controlling the remote rig fine, including powering off the remote rig via the control rig's power button.  What I can't seem to do is get the control radio to power the remote rig on... I thought based on what I had read, that that was supposed to work?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks & 73,
N5NYM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: K3 twin, remote power-on
« Reply #1 on: 2020-01-10, 21:14:11 »
If it was setup with the correct cable between the RRC's I/O port and K3's ACC and the settings on
the RRC are correct per the instructions, then it will turn on with no problem.

You need to carefully go through everything again and see where you made a mistake.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

N5NYM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-01-11, 15:28:17 »
Thank you for the reply...

Well, I have verified all of the relevant settings, esp those on p215 of the manual.  Cable is attached from the rig ACC to the i/o port on the remote RRC.  When we power up the control K3 it displays "TERM" until we power up the remote K3 and then all seems well. If we turn off the control K3, both do indeed power down.  Not sure what we're missing; but, we will keep looking.

N5NYM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-01-11, 19:32:10 »
If you want me to check your settings, drop me a message at dj0qn (at) darc (dot) de and
I will see if I can find it. It is usually wrong in the I/O settings.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX