Author Topic: Help configuring RRC for new user  (Read 2155 times)

VA2EBI

• View Profile
    • Email
Help configuring RRC for new user
« on: 2020-02-03, 19:39:34 »
I have used a RRC for a K3/0 connecting to RemoteHamRadio stations in the New York area.  That was several years ago.  I am now working to set up a pair of Yaesu FTdx-5000's in a Yaesu Twin remote network from my Control location in Massachusetts to the Radio location in Quebec.  I purchased a new pair of RRC's and the Yaesu Twin accessory pack.  I downloaded the Setup Manager and I'm looking at the DOS screen after connecting one of the new RRC's.  My home network consists of a Linksys ACS router behind a Verizon router.  The IP address of my PC is not the standard 192.168.1.xx.  When I connected one of the new RRC's to my pc, the Autoconfig IPV4 address is quite different, and there is no Default Gateway.  And I don't know the IP address of the network in Quebec that it will be connected to.  At last, my question:  how should I change the IP's of the new RRC's for the Control and Radio end of this planned remote network?

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Help configuring RRC for new user
« Reply #1 on: 2020-02-03, 19:40:52 »
Drop me a short mail at dj0qn (at) darc (dot) de and I will send you my networking checklist
that walks you through the process.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VA2EBI

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help configuring RRC for new user
« Reply #2 on: 2020-02-03, 21:00:20 »
OK, thanks, Mitch.

George W1EBI