Author Topic: Radio RRC drops after about one minute  (Read 3253 times)

AE5OQ

• View Profile
Radio RRC drops after about one minute
« on: 2020-04-26, 14:00:09 »
My radio RRC drops after about one minute. It will not connect to a web browser. When it drops there is no error reported on control RRC. It needs to be rebooted but I have it on battery backed-up power so it remains in this state. Under restrictions I don't anyone to power cycle it. Is there some way other than using a browser to reboot it?

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Radio RRC drops after about one minute
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-26, 18:45:45 »
The only way would be to use an IP power switch, such as from Wemo.

However, I would try to solve the cause of the problem, rather than solving it with a work-around.

I would say that something in your network is blocking this. What does your RRC's status page say
after the problem occurs? What UDP ports are you using? Is SIP ALG turned on in one of the routers?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

AE5OQ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-27, 18:01:55 »
Control RRC status shows no error. I cannot view the radio RRC status. This system has been running for years. I have had to have someone power cycle it before, sometime a remote reboot works. Now the radio RRC refuses a web connection, even from a local computer. The next time I can be there I am going to add a permanent usb connection to the computer to permit the Microbit Setup Manager. But for now I am dead in the water without a solution. There have been NO network changes for years. Power fluctuations are prevalent in this area often involving power dips. I have the power supply for  the system running on a 1500VA UPS. The power supply output is fed to a West Mountain Radio Super Powergate with 85AH AGM battery backup. The RRC and the TS2000 are both powered by this system.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-27, 18:15:18 »
I meant the status page on the control RRC, which you can look at.

Probably something changed in the network environment. It is highly unlikely that there is something wrong
with the RemoteRig RRC's. Everyone always comes here assuming it is a RemoteRig problem, but it rarely is.

Was anything changed by the ISP on the radio side that you are aware of?

Did you reboot the routers on both sides?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

AE5OQ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-28, 02:54:08 »
No error reported on the control RRC. There are a series of two routers. I rebooted the one that I can access. I will call AT&T and ask them to reboot the other router.

AE5OQ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-29, 02:33:32 »
All routers and control RRC rebooted with no change in results.

AE5OQ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-06-06, 14:37:35 »
Finally I got a daughter to go to the house to power cycle the RRC. It is working correctly now.